Notices

A Healing Weekender April 29 Part 2

Old 05-02-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm having a really rare cup of coffee havnt one in over a year

awesome news the modified plant saucer I attached to a hanging basket chain not only worked but the robins landed on it this morning !!!

here's what it looks like

Old 05-02-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning everyone!!!

Finally getting a tooth that has been some trouble extracted from my face today. Thought I could get an implant but too expensive so I will live as the chips fall and deal with it. I could live without this one.

Other than that no new news!

K
Old 05-02-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good for you Ken

Just got back from the shops bought some cuprinol fence care less mess for the garden table & in the second half of may il paint the fencing with a sprayer

having a coffee
Old 05-02-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jeremy wade & him sitting in a pool with red bellied pirranahs

Old 05-02-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning - I slept poorly - lots of tossing and turning and very bizarre work anxiety dreams. The dreams oddly blended my old job and new one together, even though they are not very similar. And when I got up my temperature had gone back up a little. But I'm going to work anyway. I have some training I desperately need scheduled. Today is payroll day and I have no clue what to do. I also have to be trained on the ordering system and the event scheduling system. This organization has more "systems" than any place I've ever worked. I'm used to small companies where stuff was less complicated (but more stressful) so this is a huge change for me. I should be ok if I keep my system full of ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning. Coffee. Exhausted from a long day of yard work. Stressful workday ahead, where I am behind on important things. Dang. Sure is Monday.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning dear rogues and roguettes!!

Hopefully your fever will stay down today Marty.

Good luck in the new job Deliza!

Sao, where's the Lancia going today?

Loud cracks of thunder and lightning all night! Electricity went off, pictures fell off the wall, then when I finally fell asleep around 5 I had a dream that my blankets were being pulled under the bed (creepy) then I dreamed a friend who has a lot of booze related problems was drunk at work and I was trying to keep her from getting fired. Totally stressful night ugh!

Happy Monday all!
Xoxo
Old 05-02-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Love the feeder, wolfie!
Old 05-02-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Ken)) good luck at the dentist!
Old 05-02-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks brynn
Old 05-02-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Ken, I couldn't afford an implant so I got a bridge. It works just fine (but it has to have a tooth on both sides of it).
Marty, I hope you feel ok today.
deliza...have a great first day at your new job. Screw the anxiety. It will pass.
ok-time to get moving. See you all later.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I could do with an implant but have not got one yet for the same reason as Weasel and HaF, I was quoted £1800

Good luck in the new job Delizadee

Hugs Marty

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Sao, where's the Lancia going today?
We are at Kew Botanical Gardens in west London Brynn

Last edited by saoutchik; 05-02-2016 at 06:51 AM. Reason: fat fingers
Old 05-02-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Do your best

I love Kew gardens only been once as a kid but been watching an Attenborough doc on it love it Sao have a great time
Old 05-02-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Morning, buddies!

Cool feeder, wolfie! You are crushing it with the yard work! That's awesome! I liked your photos you posted on your profile page as well.

Adios to your tooth, Ken!I hope you feel no pain or discomfort! That's great you are taking care of your mouth. Great sober stuff!

Good luck on your first day, deliza!

Marty I hope you feel better as the day progresses. And it'll be good to get that training so you feel more knowledgeable and useful...

Hi brynnie!! Hi StartingOverNW, bixxy and happyandfree! Hi mecanix and saoutchik! Good morning Mesa, you gonna post soon?

BixBees, I haven't been able to get in my beehives for almost two weeks due to the weather. I believe tmro is my one and only chance before I leave for vacation. I need to see the queens laying eggs, the comb drawn out and the brood laying pattern looking good. I also need to see if they need more simple syrup. If nothing has happened yet I don't even know what to do. There's a beekeeping meeting tmro I think I'll attend to see what everyone else is going through around here.

This near constant rain has made it difficult. How are your beehives doing?

I still have family in town so I'm going to go hang out with them again today. Today is the last day and then I'm dropping ppl off at the airport tmro.

I have a lot to do this week concerning my job and other things in preparation for Mexico. It'll be good to be on my own again after today. It's been wonderful spending time with my family, though. I have missed them so much.

They vastly prefer the sober me and I am gaining ground every time I'm around them sober. It feels really good.

Xoxo you guys.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Awesome place, Sao!

Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew | Welcome To Our Website

I really liked the pretty botanical themed coffee mugs from the gift shop there. That would make a great gift for a friend in the States, nawmean?
Old 05-02-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks for the call out, Melina.

You remind me that I need to get as close as I'm gonna get [not that close] to the Beehives my Dog Park Pal has left up here in the Cedars on the edge of a Canyon. I'll take a Telephoto Pic, and post.

Got the first of several Solar Panels mounted very securely up on the Trailer Roof/Storage Luggage Rack. All wired up, and it was pumped Photons into the Dual Batteries late yesterday. With my trusty Voltmeter, I'll monitor performance today. Batteries are easily fried by mistreatment - letting them get dry, or over-Voltaged - so Knowledge Is Power on that front.

Rain last Night. Clearing today, and good Weather for our planned Trip Launch on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll get a Cellular Phone/Data Amp & Antenna mounted today in the Trailer. We'll be able to hit distant Cell Towers in hilly NorCal.

All's quiet here on the Alcohol Front, which is nice after a few Days of tumult. I've decided to Firewall this Topic, and demand no Booze consumption in my presence here. Clandestine Solo Drinking, or Boozing with Gal Pals, is just fine [and it is]. Dinners out w/Pals is fine. These Boundaries squelch Resentment, and eliminate interminable, useless discussion. The Resentment is not over me not Drinking. It's about 'of course it's normal' Drinking being jammed down my Throat nonstop. I need an Escape Module from that crap, and this House - or RV Trailer - has to be it. I've hit the Wall on this Topic. That Horse has been beaten dead.

It feels quite good to have my own defensible End Point on House Boozing after several Years of sincere Good Faith effort.

OK, back to surfing Google Earth for RV Sites...

Old 05-02-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Goodmorning all. from a chilly Wisconsin.. had a great weekend got some grand photos of wild turkeys.. ahahahah they look like they are marching down the road.. my Son the Moose got a special pin from the president on his work with children in the sandbox.. Moose goes soon to the sand box again this time as a Chaplain Assistant.. so proud of him..

wow Wolfie hope you have lots of birds to feed off the new plate..

sorry to hear of the tooth. once its gone you will be so much better.. Ken : >

Mesaman you can keep some of the rain. hahhaahh at least its not snow..
hugs to all and hopes for a better Monday... Monday did someone say COFFEE... love ardy
Old 05-02-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Brynn--rough night!!
Soberwolf--your garden is inspiring and casual at the same time, so inviting, and truly a bird oasis!
Deliza--good luck on the first day!
Melina--with trips and weather I have also NOT been into my bees!! I am sure they all need more room/splitting. Rainy/cloudy today, maybe tomorrow. COOL family stuff, Melina; so glad for you!
Mesa--I bet you still have a backhoe nearby. Bury that dad horse before it stinketh!!

Just saw you Ardy! Welcome on the rogue weekender bus...where we are headed is anybody's guess!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Gotta get back to work. Talk at you all this evening. Feeling GOOD today, once I woke up sufficiently.

Mesa-- Cauli-lamb!!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning enders.

Is there an actual driver of the bus? I just thought it was on cruise control.

Is the cali-lamb going to be your mascot for your trip to Cali Mesa?

Good luck on the job Del.

Hope your bees are doing well Melina and Bix.

Have a great day everyone.