Notices

Provisioning Day One

Old 05-01-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Provisioning Day One

I put together a grocery order from my bed last night on my iPad because I can get groceries delivered in my town and started out adding pretty healthy food (soup and salad stuff) Then I started throwing in items like Breyers Indulgences Raspberry Cheesecake Gelato, Ben and Jerrys Coconut Caramel Core and Ghiradelli Chocolate Sauce. I also splurged on San Pellagrino sparkling water, flavored and unflavored, cranberry ginger ale and buffalo chicken wings. What the? I decided that Sunday is Zombie shows night will now be buffalo wing night instead of drink wine because I'm watching scary shows by myself night. I can't have this go on more than a week.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I say spice out your life with the wings as long as you don't add any alcohol to that grocery order.

I am jealous of your grocery delivery. I white knuckled it at the store yesterday. Made it though!
Old 05-01-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Grocery delivery is the bomb! Getting someone to properly pick out your produce is hard but they are usually pretty good and you can write notes about what stage your bananas should be etc.

Plus they don't deliver things like alcohol and cigarettes.

Last edited by Lonelywombat67; 05-01-2016 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Adding
Old 05-01-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
Grocery delivery is the bomb! Getting someone to properly pick out your produce is hard but they are usually pretty good and you can write notes about what stage your bananas should be etc.

Plus they don't deliver things like alcohol and cigarettes.
Stop making me drool with jealousy! Yesterday was so hard for me. I came home with practically nothing on my list just to get my bum out of the store. People picking out your bananas based on your preference? I'm dying here!

Way to go making your day 1 plan for food. What else is on your plan?
Old 05-01-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Being a relatively healthy eater myself, in early sobriety I gave myself a bit of a pass. I gave in to my sugar cravings (within reason, of course). I figured that anything I ate was better than putting alcohol in my body. It evened out after a while and I started eating my normal, healthy(er) diet. My "treat" now is a square or two of super dark chocolate with a goodly smear of all-natural peanut butter - unless it's that rare slice of really rich cheesecake 😊
Old 05-01-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have a sister in law who eats one little piece of dark chocolate a day. I wish I had that much self control! I will go back to my diet next week. I have been relatively good about eating less fat, sugar, and simple carbohydrates and without the wine the weight should start to come off again.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mmmm, buffalo wings.....
Old 05-01-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How are things going for you, Wombat?
Old 05-10-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry I didn't see your post til today Venecia. I'm doing okay. It's a struggle because I have family miseries going on. So far I'm hanging on and waiting for a bit more light to come shining through.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cranberry Ginger Ale....oh now that just sounds like heaven floating in bubbles!