Notices

Half way into day 6..

Old 04-28-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Half way into day 6..

Doing a lot better but I feel like subconsciously I'm plotting a relapse. Body and mind are drained from all the physical stuff I experienced to get to this point. I'm considering some supplements to try and combat the lack of dopamine in my system been reading into a few different things that seen to give decent results. Anything at this point... Dreamt about pills last night a few times I feel like if one little thing sets me off emotionally I'm going to run out and find something. I hope I don't but if it happens I really hope mine of you will think less of me I'm really fighting this as hard as I can
Old 04-28-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great job on day 6! Yeah, the addictive voice will start trying to meddle with you at times - but don't listen to it. If you can avoid it, I'd stay away from Dr. Google and what folks have to say about supplements - leave that for a conversation with your doctor. There's some good info on supplements out there on the internet but also some horrifically bad stuff.

How about going to a meeting? Or a movie? You could take a walk, plant a box garden, cook a homemade pizza, go fishing, a lot of different things.

It's also important to realize that while withdrawals are no fun, they are temporary - and they will end. You are in the thick of them right now but they WILL get better. And unfortunately there is no magic pill or supplement that will just make it all "go away". And using now would make it doubly worse...as you'd have to start all over again.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I thinks it's the drained feeling that's getting me. I feel like even if I drank a lot of coffee I'd still have no energy.. Making my judgement slow. My job requires a lot of mental focus and I do a lot with numbers and I have to be accurate it's just driving me crazy
Old 04-28-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Well done regretoxygirl hang in there
Old 04-28-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing great on day 6 drinking lots of coffee is properly a bad idea all that caffeine x
Old 04-28-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't doubt its difficult, I can only suggest you keep on fighting. I would do whatever your body and mind wants to do except take any opiates. When I first quit drinking I ate whatever foods sounded good to me, I read articles and watched videos on the interet constantly to keep my mind occupied.

For a period of time the ever-present thought of drinking was there, but as most will tell you, it becomes less and less.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey oxygirl
am right with you. Its so hard. But you already have 6 days.or almost. You got this. But i understand the fear. Im scared too. But if we go back, then what?
Stay strong. Will be ok.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I don't doubt its difficult, I can only suggest you keep on fighting. I would do whatever your body and mind wants to do except take any opiates. When I first quit drinking I ate whatever foods sounded good to me, I read articles and watched videos on the interet constantly to keep my mind occupied.

For a period of time the ever-present thought of drinking was there, but as most will tell you, it becomes less and less.
Just to clarify, I know your issue is with pills, I said drinking because that was what I was fighting.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

id be concerned lookin into "supplements to try and combat the lack of dopamine in my system"
could be that AV people talk about.

especially since ya dreamt about pills last night.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're meant to feel pretty crappy when we withdraw - if you were to use again this time, you'll just to go through this same thing again next time.

Try and hang in there and get through this.

Sit on SR all day if you have to - post about your struggles, try our Chat room, or the arcade, or just post to other people...sometimes a kind word means a lot

I found the technique of urge surfing helped me:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
D