Notices

Day 5 no oxy

Old 04-27-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 no oxy

So far so good.. Actually slept ok last night but I did wake up a few times from night sweats and I've noticed I have to pre a lot more since I've detoxed. I know one of the side effects of opiate pain medication is difficulty empying your bladder so maybe that's just it's way or returning to normal function? Melatonin did me wonders for sure had to up my dose to 15mg last night but within 30 minutes I was out by 12am. Trying to keep my stress levels to a minimum for as long as I can. Maybe I'll finally use my gym membership this weekend and see how that goes.. I haven't used it in forever. Hopefully work is easy going aside from a training season I have to do with new hires at noon it should be a smooth day back.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Great job Regretoxygirl I think going to the gym is a great idea. I consider working out my second therapy after my actual therapist
Old 04-27-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your doing well getting any sleep after 5 days, how are you handling the mental side of it? The boredom? Have you replaced it with anything? Do many people know you was quiting or doing it alone.

keep it up! Hopefully I won't be too far behind you.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

5 days is terrific, you are going great. Sleep is so good.
I like your idea of getting back into the gym. It can take awhile to get the brain chemistry back to normal and exercise can really help.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The mental side of it is challenging but it's in waves right now... My bf knows what's going on and another friend who is also trying to clean up but they don't seem to be doing so well.. So I'm trying to be as supportive as I can without hurting my recovery. So it's trying and since my bf is a recovered stim addict 10 years clean He is more so trying the tough love.. Giving me support but at the same time reminding me this is supposed to be a little painful and hard otherwise I wouldn't see what needs to be done
Old 04-27-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Boredom hasn't gotten me YET... time will tell when I'm not feeling so drained of energy and I have free time that I don't want to spend in bed. So far so good. I know in my last attempts it wasn't the boredom that got me it was elevated stress that caused me to relapse. I've made it clear to myself and my bf I need help keeping the stressful stimulus to a minimum in the house and he is all about it.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 5 is fantastic!

I'm glad things are going well. And, boredom could be an issue at some point, but I think that falls into the category of making life changes to support your recovery. You will be able to do this!
Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

anxiety ramping up again along with cold chills and goosebumps.. Brain fog is gone though so I'm thankful I'm thinking clearly atm. I hate the feeling of warm skin but cold at the same time it drive a me crazy! Funny the very first real binge I had back when I really started abusing pills after a week or so of taking from morning til night I remember feeling like this and I had no idea why... I actually though I was suffering from some kind of virus or something never even put 2 and 2 together that after I got more pills a few days later that I was having withdrawals. Weird how you don't notice something has become a problem right away. It took a few times before it clicked and from there in out I never considered hey get clean just go get more so you don't feel bad! I guess that's the cliche vicious cycle!!
Old 04-27-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done on day 5!
Old 04-27-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5!