Notices

Hopeless, Helpless, & Afraid

Old 05-06-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Pretty much what nonsensical said X2....Jump off early when ya can...Because pretty soon you will be seeing everything through the same glass you are drinking...And when that glass is gone.....Things look WAY different...They look so different , you will be stuck in a state of panic and anxiety for a real long time until your brain excepts that things should be this way...

Just look up the term "derealization".. If you do not know this term..You do not want to get to know it...Trust me on this...
Old 05-06-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aquarius94 View Post
I'm seeking for that desire and willingness to change. I just hope it comes sooner than later. I'm feeling hopeless, helpless, and VERY afraid. If you have made it this far of me rambling on, I appreciate you taking the time to hear me and I hope I hear from you.
Seeking and hoping won't change anything.

Trust me when I tell you, you can 'seek and hope' your way into a pretty desperate, awful place of consequence and regret.

Seeking and hoping are a waste.

ALL you need to do, is CHOOSE.

You've laid out a very sound set of reasons to choose a life of sobriety and improve your life greatly in immeasurable ways that will astound you and lead you to joyous places.

You either CHOOSE to do that....

Or - keep "seeking and hoping".

Which is really just another way of saying "not choose to change".

By defaulting to the path of no choice - you are effectively choosing to change - for the worse.

One day, as you continue to seek and to hope.... you will finally hit a point at which you either have no real choice but to change, or you die.

That's pretty much it.

What a tremendous blessing it would be to choose at such a young age to embrace sobriety and live life happy, joyous and free.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah...Trust me...What Owl said...Don't be looking for a magic moment to make you stop drinking..Once you've been hit with to many of those "gentle messages and hints" that you should stop drinking, then it's a much longer road to recovery. If you are seeking a way out, then stop today..Don't take another drink..

If you feel like crud for a few days , then it's a real good sign that that you have found what you were seeking.. At which point , it either gets better from there if you stop...Or it gets worse if you continue.. Much much much worse...
Old 05-06-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have a good definite reason to stop drinking now. I'd really run with that.
It maybe your pancreas, liver or kidneys next time - y'know?

Look at the plan link that was posted above - get a jump on things - start thinking how you'll stay sober once you feel better?

D
Old 05-06-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I used an injury to catapult me into not drinking. With the downtime you have right now you can either let things get real messy, or you can put 100% effort into fixing yourself. I would advise the latter.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Update

It's nice to see all the support here. I'm going on day 7 since my surgery and also day 7 of not drinking. It feels like way more than 7 days. I have a strong urge to walk to the store and buy a 6 pack. I believe its because something triggered me and I don't want to deal with it. I'm also taking pain medication so I know it wouldn't be a good idea even though that hasn't stopped me before. I would really like to attend an AA meeting but doing it alone is very scary. Please keep me in your prayers/thoughts.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Aquarius!

If you call your local AA number, there might be someone who would meet you beforehand and accompany you to an AA meeting.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week Aquarius

Have you checked out our Class of May support thread? There's a ton of support there 24/7

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-11.html

All you need to do is post - jump right in

D
Old 05-11-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

contact that friend of yours in aa SOBER.