Notices

Day 3

Old 04-25-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Well on 3rd day no opiates.. I have used on and off for 3-4 years gotten clean a few times. Relapsed back in November after 6 weeks clean. Got back up to almost 80mg if money allowed it. Decided Friday night after my last perc I was done! First day wasn't too bad, had RLS that night, yesterday was hell but I was still able to handle my household stuff prepare for the work week. I woke up feeling great today but my anxiety got the best of me and I called out of work. Was fine until I took a nap from 11-1 woke up with hot flashes flushed skin feel a like I'm on fire and the anxiety wow! Hopefully just a few more days of this
Old 04-25-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If it gets worse go see a Dr. Withdrawal off of pills sucks! I know. Just dont be afraid to get help.

You are in the mist of a detox and withdrawal. Lots of bad thoughts and feelings. It should pass. But be careful.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really good job on day 3 Regretoxygirl
Old 04-25-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Hang in there. IME, dopesick won't kill you, it just feels like it.

The bad news is that you won't feel better or "normal" fast enough for your tastes. The good news is that you never have to feel this way again.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep sure does feel like it lol I know I'll be ok.. I've faced this before when my dosage was WAYY nighter on a daily. I'm a tough cookie when I have to be.. I'm just hoping the worst will pass today and tomorrow before my daughter gets home. I split custody with her father who is also trying to get clean. I may have to call out of work again tomorrow. I did a few things from my home office this afternoon but the brainfog is unbelieavble. Seems like this withdrawal is totally different than the last.. I was alternating between hydro/oxy/morphine depending what I could get wonder if that makes a difference or not. When I was in real deep before I was strictly an oxy user
Old 04-25-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on 3 days, I am a recovering heroin addict so believe me I know your pain.

I have kept a journal about how I felt mentally and physically during the first few weeks of getting sober this way I could always look back and remind myself why I must never stop furthering my recovery and how I can NEVER go back there again.

This will pass, keep it up!
Old 04-25-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang in there and stay the course.

Good job getting through Day 3.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

Three days is awesome!
Old 04-25-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's funny every other time I derided myself I always got on here and would look at threads. Never had the balls to actually get on and talk about it with other people because I've always been so ashamed. But this really does help.. To this day I've managed to hide my pill addiction from basically everyone close to me aside from my ex (who started using the same time I did) and 1 close friend who when I broke down and told she never had a clue! And now my new boyfriend. He is supporting me the best he can, he is a recovered meth addict 10 years clean. He said it best to me this afternoon you dance with the devil and you're bound to get burned and this s*** IS THE DEVIL! Even feeling this bad there's moments where I feel ok and all of a sudden I actually feel real emotions again it's so overwhelming.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Regretoxygirl View Post
Yep sure does feel like it lol I know I'll be ok.. I've faced this before when my dosage was WAYY nighter on a daily. I'm a tough cookie when I have to be.. I'm just hoping the worst will pass today and tomorrow before my daughter gets home. I split custody with her father who is also trying to get clean. I may have to call out of work again tomorrow. I did a few things from my home office this afternoon but the brainfog is unbelieavble. Seems like this withdrawal is totally different than the last.. I was alternating between hydro/oxy/morphine depending what I could get wonder if that makes a difference or not. When I was in real deep before I was strictly an oxy user
I appreciate you sharing this information as I will face the withdrawal eventually. I am on opioid painkiller right now and tapering. I'm not sure I'm allowed to ask this, but if you are not prescribed these pills, do you get them off the street? Is there a "network" out there in which people have supplies? Just curious.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good luck tapering! I tried but I didn't have the self control for it! But that's just me I've heard someone people have a lot of success with it! I left out the reason I originally got hooked.. I had a surgery in 2011 and my Dr was pretty relaxed about giving me pain med rx. That's how I developed the taste for it.. So every so often if iknew some one who had something I'd score a few here and there then probably mid 2012 I met a girl who had extensive back surgeries and had more pills than she knew what to do with so she would sell them to me for pretty much nothing. That's when I fell deep into it. And once I knew other people who took them it wasn't hard to aquire several connections. But one thing leads to another you start at 5mg at a time then double that and triple it and so on... Funny too where I'm from back about 10-12 years ago we had a major rx pill epidemic I lost quite a few childhood friends to the beast and was so against it. Years later finally got it's grip on me too.. Kind of ironic
Old 04-25-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

All good wishes! I had decades on benzos and withdrawal can be tough......no experience with pain killers so can't say much there. Have a sister still hooked on temazepam for sleep after decades also
Old 04-25-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's no joke I can say that much... And just a moment ago I had one of my connects hit me up. It's taking all of my self control to not say sure come on by! I just keep telling myself it's not worth reliving these last few days
Old 04-25-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good luck tapering! I tried but I didn't have the self control for it! But that's just me I've heard someone people have a lot of success with it! I left out the reason I originally got hooked.. I had a surgery in 2011 and my Dr was pretty relaxed about giving me pain med rx. That's how I developed the taste for it.. So every so often if iknew some one who had something I'd score a few here and there then probably mid 2012 I met a girl who had extensive back surgeries and had more pills than she knew what to do with so she would sell them to me for pretty much nothing. That's when I fell deep into it. And once I knew other people who took them it wasn't hard to aquire several connections. But one thing leads to another you start at 5mg at a time then double that and triple it and so on... Funny too where I'm from back about 10-12 years ago we had a major rx pill epidemic I lost quite a few childhood friends to the beast and was so against it. Years later finally got it's grip on me too.. Kind of ironic
It took me ages, years in fact, to get right off benzos....far too long probably, but the withdrawal syndrome can be pretty horrendous.
If you can go cold turkey good for you.......as I said before I am not familiar with how long opiate withdrawal can last.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

For me the worst in my last attempts is about 4-7 days for the more harsh effects.. But the mental **** is a whole different story last time I fell off the wagon I was 6 weeks clean doing great and then it came time to meet my boyfriend's kids and omg the anxiety of will they like me? Etc sent me over the edge... Boom oxy 15s up the nose here I come! Here I am almost 7 months later probably wasted enough money to put a down payment on a car

Last edited by Dee74; 04-25-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 3 regretoxygirl - hopefully you will start feeling better soon .

D
Old 04-25-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks for the response, so if I understand you correctly you're basically getting them from people you know with extras. I'm curious to know if there are now dealers that are not getting extra's from grandma's medicine cabinet, but rather have a serious connection with an unlimited supply. My guess is that there has to be a few out there because of the # of people who can get them.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Obviously there's a black market for narcotics not everyone gets there drug of choice simply by going to a Dr
Old 04-25-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I really don't mean that to sound rude I'm just confused by what you mean?
Old 04-25-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Where I'm from that's nothing out of the ordinary.. Ever heard of a pill mill? Doctors can be shady and prescribe in mass amounts simply to make $ off of the in and out appointments. It's sickening in reality.. Maybe that's just a common thing in my part of the country I don't know..