Notices

Play that funky music weekender! April 22 part 2

Old 04-24-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Have a good and restful night all, have a good morning / day to the overseas enders.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

It was a profound documentary Mex. The subject material suited Louis style of childlike curiosity.

B
Old 04-25-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning everyone. Night Trees!

Nice M glad to hear that. Keep us posted on how you are progressing to plan.

Hi Mr. B. The potters wheel thing was such a thoughtful thing to do for Lady B.

Work week is going to be average. Just plod along and do my thang. Smile at everyone I meet.

See ya later!

K
Old 04-25-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Night.

I had the most wonderful family day. I have a fat heart going to sleep and I wanted to share..

Because I was drunk, mean, angry and lost for so long I didn't know how or even the point in taking a real interest in others. I only really cared about not losing, being competitive and what others thought of me.
Becoming a parent stripped me bare and showed me up as the brittle shallow clueless person I was.
A child expects a real relationship and I've had to learn how to be an adult. God, I used to find existing so hard. Still do sometimes.

Thankfully, every notion I had, has been turned on its head. My life as a grown up is continuing..

Connections to others are blossoming because I look at people now in the eye and I listen, for no other reason then the fact that they are talking. My head is empty as they talk. No judgements.

When I can't do this I go to bed and try again the next day.
I'm so humbled. Better late then never.
I'm so grateful for being body slammed by life. I really feel like I'm learning and I'm alive.
Bring on the next lesson ..I've got one knee off the ground, I'm ready.

I hope you have a powerful day today.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
Night.

I had the most wonderful family day. I have a fat heart going to sleep and I wanted to share..

Because I was drunk, mean, angry and lost for so long I didn't know how or even the point in taking a real interest in others. I only really cared about not losing, being competitive and what others thought of me.
Becoming a parent stripped me bare and showed me up as the brittle shallow clueless person I was.
A child expects a real relationship and I've had to learn how to be an adult. God, I used to find existing so hard. Still do sometimes.

Thankfully, every notion I had, has been turned on its head. My life as a grown up is continuing..

Connections to others are blossoming because I look at people now in the eye and I listen, for no other reason then the fact that they are talking. My head is empty as they talk. No judgements.

When I can't do this I go to bed and try again the next day.
I'm so humbled. Better late then never.
I'm so grateful for being body slammed by life. I really feel like I'm learning and I'm alive.
Bring on the next lesson ..I've got one knee off the ground, I'm ready.

I hope you have a powerful day today.
Bravo Trees!!!!! Bravo!

What a great way to start my day. Hearing your joy is amazing. Thanks for sharing your life lessons with me and us.

Ken
Old 04-25-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning, everyone.
Melina , I hope you can get outside for a while today. Sounds like you're having the weather we had a few days ago. We are stuck in a cloudy, rainy pattern for the next few days. I need to have someone come till my garden soon. We did it ourselves last year - not doing that again. It was a major pain. But we were busting sod, as it was the very first time. Should be much easier this year.

Congrats on shotgun, SUID!
Old 04-25-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey Marty have a nice day

I just saw that people were looting water from yesterday's marathon - dispicable

Dozens of people snatch bundles of free water left out at official watering stations for marathon runners | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-25-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Back to school after spring break for kids. Back to work for me.

Bodhi, I'm glad you made it home safely. That drive sounded grim.

Melina, have a lovely day.

Trees, great post and thought provoking. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning miscreants!
Xoxo
Old 04-25-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning!
http://youtu.be/CdoXBZnBHK4">http://youtu.be/CdoXBZnBHK4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 04-25-2016, 05:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Nuts!
Old 04-25-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Trees, I have lived a similar kind of existence for years. Unfortunately I never had children so I didn’t have to change my ways for so long. May I suggest reading up on some Buddhist teachings? I found that it helped center me and also to realize that I am not the center of the universe. That, along with practicing mindfulness helped to broaden my perspective on how to live and be a better person.

MrB, I’d like to put in an order for a straight sided pot with a flat bottom about 6 inches (about 16 cm) in diameter and 8” (21 cm) tall, glazed in a glossy light green or mottled blue/gray finish. I know it’s a tall order for a beginner…. Haha tall order….

ML, I was going to till my garden last week but was out of juice for my weed whacker, which doubles as my tiller and edger. It's one of those with interchangeable attachments and the tiller works great. I have the juice now, but I have so much to do it needs to move up on the priority list. And I think I need another block of peat moss to add volume and lighten the soil a little. When I put in my onions I used a bunch from the last one... I can of course get the free compost from the township pile - but it is LOADED with weeds. So what I guess, it's free. I already brought home three loads of free mulch. Not very decorative but functional in the hidden away locations.

Melina, I was going to suggest a strict diet of tofu and cake... guess not...

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
moose, deer, mountain sheep, wolves, coyotes or bears
OH MY!
Js, if you ever find yourself lost in those situations I can only suggest one thing... to get a back to the Weasel of Weekender...
Old 04-25-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

wombat, are you using a laptop or desk top?

Old 04-25-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good Monday morning eveyone!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

The weasel of weekender?
Old 04-25-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Wonderful news for me this morning - my background check is completed and I'M EMPLOYED!! Not sure of my exact start date - possibly later this week. I'm so excited!!!
Old 04-25-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

And just found out my uncle is giving my daughter a Prius he doesn't drive anymore - her car is gasping what she fears are its last breaths - he didn't know that, just figured she could use it since he doesn't need it. Happy day for my little family!
Old 04-25-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yay for you MLD!!! That's terrific! Congratulations.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Congratulations on all that stuff. My parents have a Prius and it's been a really reliable car for them. How nice of your uncle.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

He doesn't have any kids of his own and he has always treated me and my kids as his own. Very generous when he has the means to be.