Notices

Not sure how to deal with sponsor?

Old 04-29-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

dont know where aa says devote 1-2 hours/day meditating,but it is a good thing to spend time doing:
When we retire at night, we constructively review our day. Were we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afraid? Do we owe an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should be discussed with another person at once? Were we kind and loving toward all? What could we have done better? Were we thinking of ourselves most of the time? Or were we thinking of what we could do for others, of what we could pack into the stream of life? But we must be careful not to drift into worry, remorse or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to others. After making our review we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should be taken.

On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assurance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Our thought-life will be placed on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.

In thinking about our day we may face indecision. We may not be able to determine which course to take. Here we ask God for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision. We relax and take it easy. We don't struggle. We are often surprised how the right answers come after we have tried this for a while.

the bb says to do what youre doing:

None of us makes a sole vocation of this work, nor do we think its effectiveness would be increased if we did. We feel that elimination of our drinking is but a beginning. A much more important demonstration of our principles lies before us in our respective homes, occupations and affairs. All of us spend much of our SPARE time in the sort of effort which we are going to describe.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Addicted to Sobriety.

Be Sober, live Sober. But don't be a zealot. Sobriety is only one piece of your life.

~Bunnez
Old 04-29-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Gonzoso, I agree with others that just telling the sponsor, politely and privately, is the way to go. I did that with my sponsor a few months ago, and we actually managed to remain friends (the issues weren't as extreme as you describe, and I still wanted to maintain friendship, just not a sponsor-sponsee relationship).

I also agree with Bimini about negative sponsor experiences ... there really doesn't seem to be a way within AA to air these issues, or other doubts/problems. SR has helped me a lot in that way, as it provides a safe venue to bounce my ideas/questions off others.