Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I am committing a sin! Someone slap the handcuffs on me and haul me off!

Notices

Old 04-23-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Get your minds out of the gutter. Handcuffs really? I prefer silk scarves.

My sin is that of a double post. The act of starting a new thread while you have another one active. For anyone interested in my underwear status, please see my other post and feel free to admitting your commando status.

As for this post? I just want to whine about being sick for a week, not knowing why, and feeling like I have notched off a few years on my death clock.

Do you ever think about the disgusting mess we put our bodies through with our demons? Normally I could bounce back from illness, but the steady abuse I have put myself through over the last year is keeping me chained to my bed.

Maybe there are side effects from Campral, maybe my tooth infection is worse than I thought, maybe I have an alien species taking up full time residence. Who knows? I am sick and whiny and love lamenting my woes with dirty talk and my own brand of crazy wit.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know anything about Campral but I know bad teeth can really lay you low, as can alcohol withdrawal of course.

If you're not better by tomorrow I think seeing a Dr wouldn't be the worst idea in the world?

D
Old 04-23-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have already been to the dentist, oral surgeon, and ER. All drug pushers I tell ya. I have been off the alcohol rodeo for two weeks. Possible to add withdrawal to my list?
Old 04-23-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is a strange thread at first glance, however, I took Campral it was bloody awful for me, increased anxiety so much that I had to call the psychiatrist after a few days, he told me to stop taking it,also strange peripheral vision images,all meds effect people differently, if you're not drinking or taking any other drugs that are making you talk about going commando?(I hate that feeling btw) then maybe a call to the doc or pharmacy to ask if you should stop taking it?
Old 04-23-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
This is a strange thread at first glance, however, I took Campral it was bloody awful for me, increased anxiety so much that I had to call the psychiatrist after a few days, he told me to stop taking it,also strange peripheral vision images,all meds effect people differently, if you're not drinking or taking any other drugs that are making you talk about going commando?(I hate that feeling btw) then maybe a call to the doc or pharmacy to ask if you should stop taking it?
This is all me stone cold sober. I'll talk about anything.

I stopped the Campral today. I'll call the doc tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

If the tooths infected you need antibiotics. If you didn't get any, or they're not fixing the problem I'd go back

D
Old 04-23-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If the tooths infected you need antibiotics. If you didn't get any, or they're not fixing the problem I'd go back

D
Definitely on those.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope they kick in. I'm not a dentist but I have bought them several houses

D
Old 04-23-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I was expecting to read ... I'm not a dentist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

In case you don't know what I'm referring to
Old 04-23-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lighteningbug View Post
This is all me stone cold sober. I'll talk about anything.

I stopped the Campral today. I'll call the doc tomorrow.
We are all different, like snowflakes and fingerprints. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi LB
Old 04-23-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

So, I have no experience with Campral, but about a year and a half ago my doctor prescribed amitriptyline for my insomnia. After day three, I started getting panic attacks and full body tremors. I stopped taking it that day, but it was already in my system. I spent the next week in bed pumped full of sedatives (prescribed) and waiting to see if I was going to die or if I was just going to suffer for eternity. It was a blast. I got out of bed to take care of my dog, to try to eat, and to go to the bathroom. After about a week, I finally started feeling better and cut back to the lowest safe dose of the meds to not feel withdrawal from being on hem for a week. It was fantastic to not feel like there were electrodes wired up to me, while I was simultaneously too tired to sit upright. Good times.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Where that underwear at? You made me grin. Sorry about the dental problems. I quit drinking about 4 months ago. Just had a physical, my health problems have lessened.