SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Journey of Hope (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/39007-journey-hope.html)

Anna 04-02-2005 12:33 PM

How are you feeling today Hope -- without your wisdom teeth?

Love, Anna

hopealwayz 04-02-2005 01:12 PM

My mouth hurts but overall, I'm doing alright. My doc wanted to prescribe Vicodin for the pain but I told him "no thanks". So I'm just taking motrin instead of prescription pain killers. Wasn't taking any chances.

Thanks for stopping by!

Love,
Hope

Time2Surrender 04-02-2005 01:55 PM

Glad to hear your ok Hope.4 teeth is a lot at to have pulled at one time.hang in there. :)

hopealwayz 04-02-2005 05:07 PM

I'm surviving, LOL. hehe....

ouchies...

Jupiter2 04-02-2005 05:27 PM

Wow, hope, you are brave! I don't think I would be as serene after having so many teeth pulled. Hope you are feeling better.

hopealwayz 04-02-2005 09:26 PM

15 sober days........half a month! I'M SO HAPPY!! I have a good feeling.

My uncle called me earlier and asked me if I wanted to go buy some coke and I told him no without any hesitation. That was a situation that would have baffled me before but I handled it well tonight.

What a good indication of the new life that I am destined for. I have a positive feeling about this time around. Maybe this is the chance I needed all along to let my wings soar and my soul be free.

Love and hugs,
Hope

hopealwayz 04-02-2005 09:29 PM

DAY 15!!!

:wiggle: :) :)

DON'T QUIT BEFORE THE MIRACLE HAPPENS!!!

Ama 04-03-2005 04:11 AM

((((HOPE))))

That is absolutely marvellous. You really are an inspiration on these boards at the moment. You are showing your inner beauty as you loose the horrid clutches of the holds of addiction and see the light and freedom of recovery through sobriety.....

So glad you are part of the SR community......always love your threads and posts and even if I dont post please know that I am thinking and reading.....

hopealwayz 04-03-2005 11:09 PM

Life is a treasure and the beauty is alive for us to find each day. We open the door to let the light shine through us onto others. If we keep our bright spirit alive, others can grow in our light and flourish. We can help to plant the seeds and bring hope alive in other people.

Reaching out to other people is a gift to us from God.

Still hanging in on DAY 16.

Love,
Hope

miacane 04-03-2005 11:18 PM

Congrats on Day 16! I'm right behind you on Day 10! Don't you just feel GREAT??!!

hopealwayz 04-05-2005 11:10 PM

My heart aches today. I'm scared of losing my grandpa. I'm praying that he will receive a miracle. His condition could go either way right now. He has a 50/50 chance of surviving.

miacane 04-05-2005 11:25 PM

Many thoughts and prayers to your grandpa, you and your family.:angel:

hopealwayz 04-05-2005 11:38 PM

(((Miacane))) Thank you so very much.

nutz 04-06-2005 05:15 PM

WOOO WHooooo day 17 hope !!!

On somedays GOD wants to carry us.
We just gotta allow it to happen.

hopealwayz 04-06-2005 07:25 PM

Tomorrow will be day 19. Hanging in here still.

Time2Surrender 04-06-2005 07:46 PM

Your doing great Hope.:)

hopealwayz 04-08-2005 07:33 AM

Messed up AGAIN!!!

I went out and used again. I've only been clean for 10 hours now and it is so horrible. I can't even begin to tell you the horrible things I'm feeling. I just couldn't deal with what life was handing me. Can't change the past and cannot keep beating myself up.

The bottom line is this: I simply do not know how to handle life sober.

hopealwayz 04-08-2005 12:28 PM

Ok, i'm feeling a bit more optimistic about things. I'll keep trudgin' on no matter what. I won't let any setback set me back. RECOVERY HERE I COME!!

Each journey begins with the first step.

hopealwayz 04-08-2005 12:33 PM

A Time to Think:
A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles. -Washington Irving
To Act:
Appreciate the singing sparrow, the cool breeze, the pink sunset...
To Pray:
Dear Lord, help me to stretch beyond what is comfortable. Help me to be my best.

wantneeda 04-08-2005 01:19 PM

Hi Hope...big hugs coming your way!!!! you're right, beating urself up doesn't do anygood, glad to hear you've gotten up, brushed urself off and found ur way back!!
Keep fighting Hope, i've fallen, i know how it feels..
How is your Grampa doing??? Maybe you wouold add my mom to your prayers,she's getting tested for cancer..........been so sick, was in the hospital for a bit,the antibiotics aren't working...trying to figure out a way to go see her.she's 500 miles away and i haven't seen her for a few years........
Any way stay safe and smilin my friend, my thoughts and prayers are still with u!!!