Notices

Escaped...

Old 04-23-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
quat

Sounds like that guy is on shift now. Why wait ?
Old 04-23-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thinking of you mikexo
Old 04-23-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Mike, I ended up in a psych ward after an epic bender of booze and ADHD medication. I actually enjoyed myself during my stay. besides the terrible food and boredom, I was comforted that I have no serious mental illness and that substance abuse was the issue. I deal with depression and anxiety sometimes but it's manageable with therapy and meds. The booze is the main culprit of my issues.

If you are afraid you have health problems, where better to be than a safe place with doctors, right? give the hospital a chance to help you. I think they will find that you are not as ill-health as you think you are. take the help, you can sober up in the hospital as you're there and come out back on track.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

MikeM- I've almost been killed several times. Some of them in really bad ways You are right, you aren't going to live. None of us are. It's nothing to worry about because there's nothing you can do about it.

One time I was getting a ticket and a drunk ran into the cop car pinning me between my bumper and his. arrrgh that was an ugly one. broken bone and squirting blood, i laid in a bar ditch bleeding to death. Got shot at when I was young, he missed. Then there was Iraq, there were some other car wrecks. I had gravel blown on me twice from rockets. 150' from the DNA thing cause other that's about all they find. The pic is a smoking hut after a near hit with a 80mm mortar. I almost had more holes than a man needs ;p) My point? You don't know when it's going to end so enjoy life, it is exciting. Personally I don't enjoy it so much drunk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
smoking area.jpg (27.0 KB, 140 views)
Old 04-23-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder to everyone to keep comments constructive.

If you don't think you can help the OP, it's ok not to post...move onto another thread.

That being said Mike - this is a newcomers forum for people trying to quit drinking, drugging and other substance abuse.

True. I'm using this forum as a distraction.

I will log out now and will only come back when things are well.

Thank you all!
That might actually be for the best of all concerned.

Best for you so you get some real help and best for the other newcomers here who are telling me in some numbers they're feeling triggered by your threads right now.

You're admitted that posting here right now is really just a distraction for you.

I'd really like to see you do something.

If your problem is stopping you from effectively doing anything other but drink then clearly you need more help than an internet message board.

Talk to your Dr, talk to your family.

When you deal with your other problems, and you're ready to stop drinking - whether that's tomorrow or next month, or next year - I hope we'll see you here again.

Dee
SR