Notices

Birthday Tomorrow

Old 04-22-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Birthday Tomorrow

Hey everyone!

So I turn 26 in basically ten minutes and this is going to be the first birthday I have been sober since I was 15 years old! I am SO grateful that I have finally found recovery and will be spending the day visiting my boyfriend and treating myself to a mani pedi.

Any other year but this year I would be so excited that i'd be getting birthday money and planning who to get drugs from and what time and what is the fastest way to get high. I used to think that was the ultimate birthday doing lots and lots of heroin but this year, I feel so grateful to be drug and alcohol free, and all I can think about is thank god this year is different. I might even go to church to give thanks for this miracle of recovery.

Anyone else look back and think about how things used to be on big events and how things are? I always thought if I was sober on a holiday or birthday that I would be thinking back going "last year I was so high" and this time i'm not life succckkksss. When really it is the opposite. I am so filled with gratitude I want to yell at the top of my lungs and let the world know RECOVERY IS THE BEST GIFT IN THE WORLD.

I am estatic, grateful, and so excited to have a birthday that is stress free, is substance free, and is just a day I can use as an excuse to spend money on myself and pamper myself. Most of the people I used to hang out with are dead, they didn't get to make it to 26 and here I am turning 26 and I am not only alive, I am in recovery and bursting with joy because of it.

I wish I would have found recovery earlier, I used to think I was giving something up when I quit, this time around I felt like I was gaining my life back. I am so grateful I can't stop smiling, I am SO happy I stuck it out and found my self respect, self worth, courage, and devotion and learned a lot about myself in the process.

Have a wonderful night everyone

Adeline
Old 04-22-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Great post, Adeline! Happy birthday!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Adeline! So glad that you are sober and happy!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
now's the time

Happy birthday! That's so wonderful. I'm so happy for you.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone! I was just so happy I had to write a post! We all write posts when we are down but we should all celebrate the happy times so those still not sure if recovery is worth it can see that it is!

I feel like a little kid being so happy and giddy lol! Everyday I find something else to be grateful for. The little things really do matter
Old 04-22-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You shared your happiness wonderfully! Thank you for making me smile and feel good! That made my evening. Happy birthday!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a wonderful day Adeline - happy birthday

D
Old 04-22-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy birthday! Haven't you given yourself the most wonderful gift this year?! Well done, you!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissPerfumado View Post
Happy birthday! Haven't you given yourself the most wonderful gift this year?! Well done, you!
I was on my phone with my mom and I said that exact thing to her and she started crying! She is 12 hours away and she was like I wish I was there what are you going to do for your birthday and I said walk around like an idiot grinning so big because the only thing I needed in life was recovery and I have it and I love it and I am so grateful and bursting with joy that I finally love myself again. It took me a long time to really love and respect myself again after everything I put myself and family through.

I thought I knew what it felt like to be genuinely happy, but I have one upped myself because this is what being genuinely happy, nothing can get me down today !
Old 04-22-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy birthday Adeline!
Old 04-23-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Adeline!!

Old 04-23-2016, 02:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for a great post and Happy Birthday!!!

Andrew
Old 04-23-2016, 02:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy birthday Adeline x