Notices

Is this my paranoia?

Old 04-19-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this my paranoia?

Ok, short background for those who don't know. I've had a psychosis about 10 years ago. With meds I got over it.

Recently it got back and I got on a low dose of seroquel. I've felt lucid, but now I'm wondering.

I feel like you all don't like me. There's no response to my sobriety song post, something that usually gets a lot of attention. Each time I post I feel like I'm being acknowledged and then pushed down in the slew of past and forgotten posts. I don't feel like I'm being taken seriously after my posts that I made while in a psychosis. That I'm not liked anymore and that no one really cares anymore.

I feel like this is paranoia and delusion coming up and I might have to call my doctor to up my meds.

But tell me honestly. And I truly mean honestly. Have you become less interested in me since my delusional posts and am I looked at differently?

If that is true, and I won't condemn anyone who says it is, then I don't need more medication. Medication that is potentially pretty harmful. I'm not saying that for any other reason than to make clear how important it is that my perceptions are clear.

Did my delusional posts make you lose interest in me and what I write? That's ok. And the way I feel. But I need to know since it's a matter of delusion or perceiving an accurate pattern.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Plenty of people are responding to your posts Mike and being supportive. I'd talk with your doc if you think it might be paranoia

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people posting in the newcomers section and it takes time to view a link and listen to a song. Also remember that some people check SR from work and sites like youtube, etc might be blocked.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I haven't been here long - just a few days, so I can't comment on whether it's real or perceived.

I did see your recovery song post and scanned it briefly but am at work and can't stay glued to my phone too long.

I just wanted you to know I SEE you.

BBB
Old 04-19-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think sometimes it's just the time of day that people post. Sometimes posts get a lot of attention, sometimes not. Sometimes I feel like writing and sometimes I just feel like reading. I wouldn't take it personally!
Old 04-19-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mike
I don't know you yet, but having read here for a long time, I see there are lots of us. Maybe it's sheer numbers? I wouldn't read into it to be sure! I get moments like that too, but unfortunately, I think it's safe to assume most people are thinking about themselves most of the time.

Not sure if this makes you feel better - I certainly intend for it to. I think a lot of us tend to live in our heads (I know I do) and it makes it harder for us to really "see" other people - does that make sense?

I hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-19-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's clear to me now that I need to talk to my doctor. I'm in a lucid moment and see that I dipped into psychosis again.

I'm glad that there's this place to say these things.

Calling the doctor in 2 seconds...
Old 04-19-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ok, go from 50 to 100 mg for now.

Sorry to bother you with it.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wouldn't take it personally. I know I've posted before and have received very little feedback. Could be the time of day, could be a boring post. Who knows.

More often than not when I post now I'm doing it to clear my head or to commit something in writing regarding how I feel.

If you feel you are experiencing psychosis, I would follow through on it.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Mike
I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I know in early sobriety I am very sensitive. Little things can set me off. I've improved over the years but I used to be SOOOOO worried about what others thought of me. I'm a codependent and a people pleaser. What people thought of me is what I thought of me (or what I perceived they thought of me....which was often wrong). I'm learning that what other people think does not matter (as along as I'm being the best me I can be). Its what I think of me.

That being said, don't use your perceptions of what is happening here as a gauge for your psychological well being. Definitely see your dr. The dosage you are taking of Seroquel is pretty low for delusions....you are probably building up a resistance quickly.

Hang in there. You are doing great.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm still a fan!

I think part of it is that as the weather improves, people aren't online as much? Also I have noticed traffic slows down during weekends...

I'm glad you talked to your doctor, regardless...
Old 04-19-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're in contact with your doctor.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mike, I've often responded to your posts.

I have cheered you along as you post about sober days, and I will continue to do so.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Mike - -I'm glad you're in contact with your doctor.

I don't think of you any differently ... I'm still glad to see you post. I notice that responses to my posts vary a lot with time of day, forum, subject ... I try not to take it personally, although that's hard sometimes.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Mike, you are almost my sober twin (remember!)! I don't like Eminem, but I did read your post.

Don't sweat the small stuff. We all get super crazy busy. We are here and rooting for you!
Old 04-19-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I feel like you all don't like me. There's no response to my sobriety song post, something that usually gets a lot of attention.
I don't like Eminem.

Don't take it personally.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I started seroquel a couple of months ago for Bi polar, it does have side effects which in my case went away after a week or so. I know in early sobriety I have to be very mindful as I can get pretty sensitive but haven been through this in the past I new what was going on.

Keep posting, Congrad's as you have come a long way in the past few months.

Andrew
Old 04-19-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Give me a little while. I was experiencing some delusion. Fortunately I have a 24/7 line to my doctor and my dose of seroquel has been doubled.

Ah well, it's life. I don't really care unless I bother others with it. I need meds now and that's ok. I'm at 100 mg seroquel now, and it can go up to 600 I think. So if needed, I will up it more.

Bare with me.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ALinNS View Post
I started seroquel a couple of months ago for Bi polar, it does have side effects which in my case went away after a week or so. I know in early sobriety I have to be very mindful as I can get pretty sensitive but haven been through this in the past I new what was going on.

Keep posting, Congrad's as you have come a long way in the past few months.

Andrew
Thanks. What's your dose?
Old 04-19-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us are very sensitive and self-conscious in early recovery Mike - I remember being so and I see it here all the time.

Obviously, though, psychosis is not something I have experience with, so I'm glad you have your Dr on call

D
Old 04-20-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Per your other thread, you asked for a study with scientific papers:

Quetiapine decreases alcohol consumption, craving, and psychiatric symptoms in dually diagnosed alcoholics.

DISCUSSION:
In this open-label study, quetiapine decreased alcohol consumption, craving for alcohol, and psychiatric symptoms intensity, maintaining a good level of tolerance. A strength of this study is that the use of quetiapine was not adjunctive with other pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment. Double-blind placebo-controlled studies are required with a larger study population to confirm these data. In the meantime, for a select group of psychiatric patients, quetiapine may offer some advantages in preventing relapse.

My point is not to discredit you, my point is that depending on who is funding the study, you can get the desired result.