Notices

2 weeks today

Old 04-18-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dim

2 weeks today

So its been 2 weeks since my last drink and while that may be reason to celebrate i am riddled with anxiety. As crippling as it is i'm trying to stay productive but can't seem to get out of the fog. I'm not craving alcohol even though this is a pretty significant trigger. I'm going to drag myself to an AA meeting this afternoon even though i feel horrible to maybe get some motivation about it getting better. I'm also in the process of changing my anti anxiety meds which is no doubt playing its part.
Here today for some motivation.
Lots of love x
Old 04-18-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work!

I also suffer from anxiety and I have found meditation, yoga, and immersing myself in my church has helped me a lot. There are apps that talk you through breathing techniques and will help you meditate if you need somewhere to start in that area. I have also found that coloring has helped lower my anxiety as well as working out regularly. Sometimes just taking a walk and focuses on my breathing relaxes me.

Just remember, in the long run drinking will only worsen the anxiety. Drinking is not sustainable, but if you stay sober and continue to better yourself and search techniques for lowering your anxiety that is sustainable and over time your anxiety should lessen.

Going to a meeting is a great idea, help you get out of your head a little bit. You can do this, it will get easier as time goes on I promise. I know it is frustrating to not immediately feel 100% but it took us a long time to get to this point and our bodies need time to heal after all we have done to it.

HUGS, you can do this, I promise you. I also promise things will get better not worse if you stick it out.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let us know how the meeting goes Congrats on 2 weeks Dim

D
Old 04-18-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks Dim
I hope the meeting helps and you feel better soon.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

Two weeks is awesome! And good for you getting to a meeting, it always helps me get out of my own head when I'm anxious.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on Week 2! Anxiety can be a major issue and it does take some time to even out. I had terrible anxiety for a while after getting sober, but with small accomplishments you'll get your confidence back and feel more grounded. Stick to your routine and remember there's nothing wrong with a couple months of "boring, normal life". It takes some getting used-to! Well done and keep up the great work!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dim

So i got to a meeting even if i did drag myself there and it definitely helped. I was called up to talk which I was dreading from the second i walked in but it turned out to be really positive as it did wonders for my confidence and revalidated the fact that i'm not alone on this journey. Feeling a lot better than I was before.
Cheers for the love guys x
Old 04-18-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Dim
Old 04-20-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sometimes be forced out of our comfort zone is exactly what we need. I'm happy you found positive in being called up to talk and walked out feeling better then when you walked in.