Notices

Told my husband.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great post. Youve taken on your sobriety with the respect it deserves. My only family member who acted / acts like your husband is my brother. He still purposely offers my a drink at every family function.
What he doesnt realize is every time he does this it strengthens me, knowing how right I am.
He (like your husband) is very affraid to face their own issues with the drug. (Yes alcohol is THE drug.) The hypocracy is that he is anti-drugs.. and it drives him crazy when I say I'm drug free.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JoeCree View Post
Great post. Youve taken on your sobriety with the respect it deserves. My only family member who acted / acts like your husband is my brother. He still purposely offers my a drink at every family function.
What he doesnt realize is every time he does this it strengthens me, knowing how right I am.
He (like your husband) is very affraid to face their own issues with the drug. (Yes alcohol is THE drug.) The hypocracy is that he is anti-drugs.. and it drives him crazy when I say I'm drug free.
Thank you and yes although hurtful it has strengthened my resolve. Listening to a drunk person telling me I don't have a drinking problem is quite surreal. We can learn something from everything that happens to us and turn a negative situation into a positive one.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JoeCree View Post
and it drives him crazy when I say I'm drug free.
Thanks for that - I had a good laugh. Most people don't think of alcohol as a drug.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think your doing brilliantly. My wife doesn't hardly ever drink but when I told her about the possibility of me going to rehab she went berserk at me. She was just uncomfortable with the idea of change. In the end I didn't go but did it myself.
Keep going and stay strong.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jtmlk View Post
I think your doing brilliantly. My wife doesn't hardly ever drink but when I told her about the possibility of me going to rehab she went berserk at me. She was just uncomfortable with the idea of change. In the end I didn't go but did it myself.
Keep going and stay strong.
Yes I think a lot of the problem for him is fear of the unknown and also the shame of his own daily wine habit. We can do this though, its hard and there will be some tough times ahead no doubt but its not insurmountable. We'll get there.