Notices

will I ever feel like the old me

Old 04-16-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

will I ever feel like the old me

I quit opiates 4 days ago completely I winged myself down for one week and just been staying strong and positive I was averaging 120 or less a day then it got to where I couldn't find and so I started doing heroin I snoted it for a little over a month and just thought to myself wth am I doing screw this so I winged myself down for a week and stopped and im just so weak and depressed and im just staying positive about it but I feel like im never gonna be back to the awsome full of life ready to hit some ramps on my bike go fishing and hunting and hiking but I feel like im never gonna bounce back I was the greatest person to be around now its like I dont have enough strength to get up and eat or get something to drink im in danger if loosing my job they gave me 2 weeks off so that helps but I got one more week and I gotta go back I feel like im not gonna have the strength to go and I work a pretty hard job idk I just feel lost if you feel like you know or can say anything that will help me feel free to reply lol someone
Old 04-16-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you'll be surprised at how well your brain is capable of healing, but it's going to take a long abstinence from all drugs for this to occur. you're in for a long ride of ups and downs, and a lot of boredom, but no one on this forum has ever said that their sobriety was a waste of time, everyone with like a 1+ year sober have all said the same thing, that they are extremely grateful for their sobriety, even if they're having a bad day.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey I know how you are feeling, I was addicted to heroin from 16 to 25 and I am excited to say that for my 26 birthday next week I'll have been sober over half the time I wasn't this last year.

You WILL BOUNCE BACK I promise you. If I could inject heroin for 9 years (at the end I was doing 2 grams a day and would have done more if I had the money) and I am telling you that I feel the best I have ever felt in my life, I went home to visit my family for 3 weeks and I was my loud, laughing, crazy self they had to tell me to shhh and said omg you laugh so hard. Life will go back to normal, your brain will repair. You are just in the beginning, most people won't even be through physical withdrawls for 7 days. The mental takes a little bit longer but perhaps talk to a doctor and get an evaluation to see if any medicines are in order, counseling, and forcing yourself to move around helps the body repair.

stay strong, you can do this. At two weeks you might be tired but with coffee you should def be able to go to work. There is a high upcurve on how you feel physically once you get past 7 days. Mental takes longer but physically you will be okay
Old 04-16-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I know nothing about opiates but we have a substance abuse forum that might be of help.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

yes you'll feel normal again.

no, not as fast as you'd like.

Have you gone to NA in your area?
Old 04-16-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Be proud of the decision you've made and I truly hope you begin to feel better soon.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome

My demon was alcohol but yeah it took me a while to feel ok/normal. If you used for years it's gonna take a little time for mind and body to heal

what I found tho was I rediscovered an old me I'd forgotten about - before the booze and drugs.

It's pretty awesome. Stick with it

D
Old 04-16-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's possible you will feel even BETTER than the "old" you. I don't know the "old" you but perhaps it was the old you that started to use drugs in the first place. But, for most of us, there is a previous 'you' or the person you were before your brain was ever exposed to drugs. Was that previous person a happy person? If you were happy back then and want to get back to that, it absolutely can be done; give it plenty of time and stay straight. It's "done" one day at a time. You sort of need to look at it like you are recovering from a brain injury and healing needs to take place from the damage that's been inflicted on your brain. If, by chance the previous person you were before drugs was NOT a very happy person, I have something positive to add here: you can become a happy person. Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AdelineRose View Post
Hey I know how you are feeling, I was addicted to heroin from 16 to 25 and I am excited to say that for my 26 birthday next week I'll have been sober over half the time I wasn't this last year.

You WILL BOUNCE BACK I promise you. If I could inject heroin for 9 years (at the end I was doing 2 grams a day and would have done more if I had the money) and I am telling you that I feel the best I have ever felt in my life, I went home to visit my family for 3 weeks and I was my loud, laughing, crazy self they had to tell me to shhh and said omg you laugh so hard. Life will go back to normal, your brain will repair. You are just in the beginning, most people won't even be through physical withdrawls for 7 days. The mental takes a little bit longer but perhaps talk to a doctor and get an evaluation to see if any medicines are in order, counseling, and forcing yourself to move around helps the body repair.

stay strong, you can do this. At two weeks you might be tired but with coffee you should def be able to go to work. There is a high upcurve on how you feel physically once you get past 7 days. Mental takes longer but physically you will be okay
LoL thanks I really apreciate it helps alot to actually talk to someone about it today is day 5 I still feel week but I made myself get up and showered and dressed and I feel way more positive about it im just still week like I wanna go do something active but at the same time I dont feel strong or energized enought to. You know what I mean I hope I get my energy back like asap and I do know that I could go right now and get some oxy 30s but im not ive made it this far and im not going back threw this again i can tell im getting better im just so week and i really am a strong guy lol ive always been in good shape im 26 i turn 27 on june 10th the last few years zoomed by and im not far from 30 I know its time to man up put drugs in the past so thats what im doing im just tired of feeling tired and week
Old 04-17-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
It's possible you will feel even BETTER than the "old" you. I don't know the "old" you but perhaps it was the old you that started to use drugs in the first place. But, for most of us, there is a previous 'you' or the person you were before your brain was ever exposed to drugs. Was that previous person a happy person? If you were happy back then and want to get back to that, it absolutely can be done; give it plenty of time and stay straight. It's "done" one day at a time. You sort of need to look at it like you are recovering from a brain injury and healing needs to take place from the damage that's been inflicted on your brain. If, by chance the previous person you were before drugs was NOT a very happy person, I have something positive to add here: you can become a happy person. Don't let anyone or anything stand in your way.
Thanks and I wont let anyone stop my I have a pretty good mindset before I start useing I was the most awesome person if you wanted to laugh and have a good day im that guy to hit up all my friends and family loved me I didnt start using untill I was 22 years old before then I was great and you couldn't talk me into anything exept smoking weed I never ever got drunk or drank any alcohol untilp then then when Itturned 22 my girlfriend cheated on me with her collage professer then I lost my mind we was together for 8 years lived together for 7 of those years and it just ****** my head up I couldn't sleep so then I started taking some zanaxe I got off the street and was like hell yeah screw the ******** I threw a huge party had a blast and threw one every day after that and just stopped caring then I started doing loratabs and it just kept graduating to roxys the it got to where I had to find them or I couldn't get up and go to work and my mind would just fly without them and it will just roll on back to loosing her and my dad so I kept getting them every day for 3 years and then I did heroin and realized what am I doing its time to stop so I did what I did and its day 5 and im still strong about it I just cant wait to feel good again and start over I hope that I can get back to the old awsome me
Old 04-17-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You absolutely CAN get back to awesome you you used to be! I'm just going to encourage you to be patient and in a way it is something that you need to 'wait' for...this "waiting" doesn't mean you sit around doing nothing until one day voila you are suddenly back to the old you. This is a DAILY process and it takes patience and sometimes hard work. It sounds like you started abusing substances because of a broken heart and grief. You may have some grieving process to finish. Don't be fooled into thinking that just not using is going to clear everything up. There are issues that need to be dealt with and resolved and that is when true healing takes place in your heart and soul. Your heart and soul affect your mind and your mind also has impact on your heart and soul. You sound very positive and that's good. Carry the positivity with you at all times as negative things in life will try to creep in and get you to divert back to using to deal with negative things. And there might be some people in your life who are a negative influence. Got to deal with that too. You can do this. Stay strong!