# 61 (permalink)  

Haha, have fun sao!!
Old 04-16-2016, 11:26 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Home
Old 04-16-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I can't cook so I'm thinking of getting thai noodles.

I heat things up in the oven or on the stove but that's not really cooking. I need to go shopping but maybe I'll get shopping delivered tomorrow so I don't have to go near a liquor store then either.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Now I want a bacon roll.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:02 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Tigerlili! That's a good idea on getting the shopping delivered. I hope your cravings go away soon.

I am home late from a couple of aa meetings. We all stayed really late to rally around a young man who was on Day 2, coming off a week long binge. I hope I see him again. I know how hard it is to get through the physical detox to actually accumulate some nice calm sober time. Rough stuff.

I'm going to try to sleep, I have a big day cooking with a former chef boss of mine. I'm going to help him with a tasting.

Good thing is I don't have to leave the house until 11:30 am so I get to spend the morning with my coffee and you guys! But if I don't try to sleep now it won't happen.

So night night all and have great dreams and if it's daytime where you are, have a most pleasant sober day..

Xoxo
Old 04-17-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Nearly bed time for me on Sunday night.

Weekends have always been a time when I get a bit low. The week is full on and the weekend is the time I promise myself I will catch up.
I usually stop dead and do nothing. Then comes the dread....too much time on my hands and then nothing to show for it.

I find that writing down activities in half hour slots and setting the timer on microwave/phone helps me focus. Usually it takes me longer to get a task done then I thought so I'm usually trying to beat the clock, works for me.

Today I am sober, so proud of that.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:33 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Trying to have first breakfast. Coffee and toast.

B
Old 04-17-2016, 02:36 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

The weekends ?
Well thats why this thread was started in the first place , it might not be fun , it might not be enjoyable , all you got to do is get through.

For preference we make it as good as we can but there is no demand that it has to be like that , getting through is the goal .

Sometimes i'm aware that people come here desperate and vulnerable and they make up what they post , i'm fine with that, expressing something, making some kind of connection is ok, tangental support .

It's about us getting through the weekend together, working on the intention , heading ourselves off by going to the shops when we are not craving , looking out for ourselves .

Things aint so wonderful here either , This weekend again i find myself without my partner , without my car , in a town where i know no one , 100s of miles from my loved ones , having spent all my savings to make it happen .. looking after a cat who seems to delight in having a throwing up session once a week and nearly always miaowing for an hour at 4 am every day .

I'm laughing now as i read the drama in my post ! Like any of that matters terribly much .. in one way it doesn't and in another it does ya know ..

Sobriety teaches me i don't need to be rash and make dramatic changes quickly but it also teaches me that when things are not right i do need to deal with them .

lets keep on all ,
m
Old 04-17-2016, 02:37 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning everyone had a bit of a lie in this morning

off out to do some strolling with mrs sw

Spk later guys
Old 04-17-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning friends.
Had a brunch-type thing of scrambled eggs, sausages, tomatoes, toast and two cups of tea. That should set me up for the day!
Heading out for a walk and/or drive.
This picture has good advice for all of us - me included as I tend to suffer from anxiety when I think about my future and my current job situation.
So don't forget to breathe deeply and have a nice day!
Attached Images
Old 04-17-2016, 03:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Good morning all. Trying to have first breakfast. Coffee and toast.

B
For Behan from one of my favourite movies.

Enjoy second breakfast
Attached Images
Old 04-17-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning!!!

Nice slow start. Trying to select a few small things to do today. Beach is high on the list. If I do that then pier fries are in order. Or the rocks for a burger and a view. Such dramatic choices face me today. Either high or low I will find the right way for me today.

Hope you are sober today TigerL!!!

So good to see the weekenders rally for each other.

Ok... See you all in a few.

K
Old 04-17-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Great Scot! It's Sunday and I haven't checked in yet. All is well here. Just been dealing with a very busy tax season. That sorta kinda ends tomorrow, but I did put a few clients on extension.

Then I start the pivot to getting the financial planning part of the biz up and running.

Oh, and the guy I sublet office space from is bailing so I either need to pickup the entire lease or move by the end of the month.

Real life - it never stops!

Keep it sober, y'all!
Old 04-17-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

after realizing all I ate yesterday was oats and fruit for breakfast, then a salad for dinner, I finished the night with a dish of ice cream - and then got yelled at for eating all the ice cream... from someone who ate a whole bowl of pierogies late at night...
the shoulders are feeling it from yesterday, all the pulling and working on roots etc... something they are not accustomed to... and the lower back pain that seems to be chronic wasn't any favors...
but all-in-all I feel pretty goo this morning...

my weekends are not any different from any other day of the week... plus my partner seems to be completely helpless - or is just pretending to be that way in order to get full wait/maid service... if she's not sleeping which is half the time, she is at work or studying for nursing degree... I'm okay with that... an adjustment that is temporary - or else... one more year of this,,, then hopefully full time employment at a decent salary...

so my weekends are the same as the weekdays... don't really have friends to speak of to do anything with... and I am "on call" here all the time... but I do have freedom to go do anything if I choose... as long as she has food . I make the best of my situation knowing darn well it is my fault I am in this situation. The main thing for me is that I am grateful for what I actually do have. And in the grand scheme of things, I have it pretty good. Yeah, I worry about how I am going to make the house payment in six months... but I can't let that rule my emotions all the time... I've always been an expert at living in the moment.

Weasel, I thought you said it was a good day for bach...

Old 04-17-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

oh, Beach is high on the list -- not Bach
well, enjoy the beach and Bach
Old 04-17-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
One of these years I'll figure out how to post a photo. ....I feel very lazy about that.
Look here http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1731827
Old 04-17-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

LB, I love pierogies....being from Pittsburgh and all. You can't find them where I live now, except Mrs. T's. I see a trip to the grocery in my future; Mrs. T's is better than none! I should try to make them from scratch.

Tigerlili, I hope you got through the evening! Maybe trying some cooking would be a good weekend activity?
I have today off so I might cook up some lentils or try new recipes. Doesn't help my waistline as I've gained a bit of weight since I quit drinking. I have this bad attitude that since I've quit drinking and it's so hard, I should let myself eat what I want. After 6 weeks, it's time to retool that voice and get on the healthy diet plan.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey NONS - I could use some financial planning... my plan was to die penniless always, and by that standard I am ready to die any day now... hahahahaha
Hi Trees, Tiger and the rest of you on the bottom of the world... enjoy your weeks --- TL - do not listen to your AV - drinking is NOT inevitable. Nor is it an option... ever!
Old 04-17-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

hahaha,,, yinzer, your name made me think of pittsburgh the first time I saw it...

one thing for sure, if I go 'upstate' for summer block parties and festivals, big trays of pierogies in onions and butter can be had... and yeah, I get the big bag of mrs t's from kostko... the company is where I am from sort of - just up the road a piece... if pierogies don't have coal dust on em, they ain't real pierogies...
Old 04-17-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope you are OK Mecanix, the on your own /no car situation is temporary right?

LB sometimes getting a job is more of a mental barrier than anything on a resume

Ruby I hope you get to see your old roommate today

I have accompanied - reluctantly but i haven't told them that - aunt & cousin (2nd cousin to be geneologically accurate) to Chelsea in the posh side of London to see the Rolling Stones exhibition "Exhibitionism" as feared it is pretty disappointing, lots of screens taking the place of actual artifacts. I made a very ropey effort at playing the bass line to "let's spend the night together" on a copy of Bill Wyman's fretless bg.

Will be having an evening Sunday Lunch later with daughter 1, future sil and granddaughters. Can't wait, and have said they are allowed to bring wine (the adults that is not the granddaughters). I feel strong enough to be OK with it.