Notices

Don't Give Up!!!

Old 04-15-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't Give Up!!!

Hey!

I just wanted to write a post telling everyone just starting to NOT GIVE UP!!! The first couple days/weeks can be pure hell, but each week that passes it will get easier and easier. I have been keeping a journal of how I was feeling psychologically and physically. The first couple weeks/ month or too it was a struggle not to give into temptation but after 3 months drugs didn't enter my mind at all. By 6 months I was literally looking back and thinking "what the hell was I holding onto so tightly?! why was I giving up EVERYTHING and EVERYONE for heroin?!"

Please keep moving forward, each day to each week to each month things just keep getting better and better. There is nowhere to go but up when you stop drinking or using drugs.

Changing my phone number, deleting face book, and deleting all my contacts really helped in those first days/weeks. I tried to make it so that if I wanted to do drugs it would be a big process..not just picking up my phone and calling someone.

YOU CAN DO IT. Please believe in yourself and give yourself the chance to look back and think "what the hell was I so in love with" . That was one of the best moments of my life when I looked back and couldn't understand why I would put myself and my family through hell for what..for drugs that most of the time were garbage anyway?

Stay strong,

Adeline
Old 04-15-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Nice to have you here AR ,
keep on
Old 04-15-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great work Adeline...thanks for the motivational post. Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x
Old 04-15-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent Thoughtful Post Adeline
Old 04-15-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you Adeline

D
Old 04-16-2016, 02:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

bumping this
Old 04-16-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your replies, it literally boggles my mind to be at a point in my recovery to be able to tell others it gets better, much, much, much better when in the past I always thinking its not getting better maybe i'm just stuck, more addicted, or just hopeless. Once you truly want recovery- want it more than anything in the entire world, it happens. Something just clicks and you realize it isn't impossible.

I love this site, it always helps to read other's posts and experiences.

Adeline