Notices

emotional and feel useless

Old 04-15-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

emotional and feel useless

Im sorry to bore all you guys but i have noone else. I have been busy in the garden today just sat down and i made a mess of my knitting project went to start a new one and ive lost my needles. Now ive found anither project to start but i just feel like im crap and why do i bother. I do everythig round here too my partner has dobe nothing which i dont mind but i feel like getting a drink and using slightly but i dont either i know its no good i wanna enjoy my life and make people proud but i feel useless
Old 04-15-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't get a drink and don't feel useless! Emotions will be all over the place for a while....just realize that and don't let the AV talk you into a drink or 10 that you don't need. Hang around us!
Old 04-15-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're still in withdrawal...your emotions are lying to you.

A cup of tea, a nice bath, a nap...you'll get through this!
Old 04-15-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Laura- i can so relate- this morning, while getting ready for school- my darling GD managed to tangle & knot together our necklaces- 5 of them on nice, silver chains- to now i have to untangle them! but, life goes on, right? nothing to drink or use over- then, i would not be able to untangle the mess (sounds like life, huh?!) hang in there- & like someone else said- hang around us!! your day will get better!
Old 04-15-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there Laura. All of these emotions are normal early on. Just stick with your sober plan and everything will be fine. Realize these are just thoughts, you don't have to act on them if they don't fit into your plan.

You're doing great, hang in there.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As an alcoholic I lack emotional maturity. I want everything to go my way NOW. When it doesn't I feel sorry for myself and dig a pity hole to climb into. I blame myself and everyone around me for how I feel.
To recover I have to learn that it took me a long time to get this messed up. It takes time, and help and support, to grow up and change. I have to put things in perspective, be grateful for what I have, and stop feeling sorry for myself.
Changing the way I think about pretty much everything is necessary to recover. Otherwise I'm just white knuckling my sobriety which is insanity making. Hang in there.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well worth the wait and struggle.

Originally Posted by Lauraxxx View Post

i made a mess of my knitting project

went to start a new one and ive lost my needles

Now ive found anither project to start but i just feel like im crap and why do i bother.
In early sobriety it seemed that I could get nothing done for a few months. I wasn't like my old self that seemed to be able to handle everything and a lot of it. Things got better -- slowly. At around three months sober I actually complected a big project and it turned out very good and saved myself a lot on money. I was reentering the world and now sober. Well worth the wait and struggle.

M-Bob
Old 04-15-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much you are like my second family and i wouldnt be sober if i couldnt vent to you all. I walked the shops bought some magazines and knitting bits so tonight im starting that. I still feel really arrrghhh but im pushing through and trying to just breathe it out
Old 04-15-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there Lauraxxx, it will pass. And there is no way you are useless. I don't believe it.

A week is great.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

take a nap! and take it EASY. your body hasn't fully detoxed yet, and with only a few days sober, everything is a big ole jumbled mess. kind of like knitting yarn after the cat had a go.

and that is OK. it means you are healing. slowly, steadily. there are no quick fixes. not every day is sunshine and rainbows. we aren't always in a GOOD mood.

we can talk farther down the road about a partner who does nothing around the place, and you "not minding". i bet you do....and maybe just don't know it yet!

remember HALT - never get too
Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired
Old 04-15-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

sometimes i feel like I'm a round peg person trying to fit in a square hole life .

With sobriety i know tomorrow might be a better day.

With drinking i know 100% that tomorrow would be a grim and bad day before i got out of bed .

Sometimes with sobriety you just got to get through , sometimes it's uncomfortable and miserable , reach out .. just got to get through ..

Pay yourself forwards , invest in tomorrow by staying sober today .

The power of this gift is yours .

Bestwishes, m