Notices

Feeling extremely desperate.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by totfit View Post
Welcome. Moving on sober in life is tough, especially when our self-esteem is low, which I would guess covers about 99% of us whether we admit it or not. I would guess you are a bit learning disabled in Math. I only say that because you are obviously an intelligent woman from the way you write, so there is a contrast. I would not let that get you down. There are a lot of folks that passed the math that come no where near your intellect. Take your intellect and plan a sober life a step at a time. Small daily moves forward will build your self-esteem and sobriety. While you may feel trapped and even hopeless at times, that is merely a feeling. The reality is that life offers limitless opportunities. Not always can we do exactly what we "think" we want, but there are limitless opportunities nonetheless. Take your strengths and own them. Put the cork in the bottle and a small step at a time start "living". You may not even notice as your life improves, but at some point you will look back and say, "wow".
You know it's funny i'm not that bad in math. I had no issue doing class work. I even tutored a bunch of folks. For the most part the material clicked. It's that damn time constraint during the test that screwed me over. Give me 15-20 mins to figure out an intricate quadratic equation and I WILL get the answer. When i'm under pressure and a time constraint I just choke. There were people in my class who barely understood the material and passed by like three or four points and mainly guessed. I just feel like luck wasn't on my side. Unfortunately.

I hope one day I can reach that mentality, and I hope that day is SOON, because I just feel mentally drained and BITTER right now. It's a horrible feeling.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi tati, I believe sometimes we get comfortable in the confines of our own little world, and when that little world includes daily drinking, it becomes more and more burdensome. Sometimes breaking down barriers and expanding horizons can help provide a different perspective. In gaining that different perspective we understand that drinking is keeping us in chains as opposed to allowing us to live life. A much more fulfilling life.

It sounds like because of your circumstances you are currently limited in your daily activities, and drinking is one of them. If you eliminate drinking, you might be able to explore other things, and you might like those other things. If that makes any sense. I'm glad you are ok after
cutting your hand.
Oh yeah definitely! It's just that with my existential depression (Which i feel is million times worse then "regular depression" smh) I just feel tired all the time. Nothing interests me anymore. I used to be really into reading, and surfing the net, working on my makeup skills. I've completely lost interest in all of it. I have a very skewed view of life. I don't know if it's chemical, or just because i'm an innately sad person. It's probably a little bit of both.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lots of good advice here already so I'll just say welcome aboard Tati

D