Notices

High and Low Weekender April 15th Part 1

Old 04-16-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

what movie did you see B?
Old 04-16-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post

Hopefully junior will like this stuff when he is older so I can purchase star wars paraphernalia. For him of course.
Yeah, for him. That's your story and your stickin' to it!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

When life tells you to go home, go home.

I had to run to the store for essentials and thought, "I'd like a burger". Been craving a good burger for weeks. With a Burger King right there, OK! Five minutes of being the only person in the place didn't convince me to try the cash register so I walked out. The other option on the way home is a McD's. Open the door, must have been ten people at the counter. Walked out.

No burger for me.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
When life tells you to go home, go home.

I had to run to the store for essentials and thought, "I'd like a burger". Been craving a good burger for weeks. With a Burger King right there, OK! Five minutes of being the only person in the place didn't convince me to try the cash register so I walked out. The other option on the way home is a McD's. Open the door, must have been ten people at the counter. Walked out.

No burger for me.
I do that too trach- walk in, see a long line- walk out.
Maybe order delivery? Burger pizza?
Old 04-16-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

now I want one...
Old 04-16-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I like cooking with monkfish, butter poached, mmmm! yes it tastes a bit like lobster, that's why they call it poor man's lobster.

But I don't think it tastes a lot a lot like lobster. It's just good as its own thing!

Nice job, Sao, I'm glad you enjoyed having guests! That'll make it so much easier for you when me and the Spinsterettes show up

I had a niiiiiiiice snooze, people. Had a late lunch and now I'm having coffee.

I still have time to lounge before I leave for meetings tonight.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks for admiring my breasts trach.

That was one fine bird.

Went out to take a ride but neglected to get pancake stuff. My sub conscious dieting made me forget.

TV time... the weather is fine and cool. Looking forward to tomorrow. Sunny and warm. I am off to the beach for a long water walk I think. That sounds wonderful.

Nighty night. Good luck to whomever get the next shotgun!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great day Ken!!

Ok Melina- when I finally make it to Chicago; you must make ruby and I monkfish
Old 04-16-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Sure thing!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Per your Request above, I might cook for ya, Brain. Ain't no way I'm shaving your Legs. I have Standards, and some Day I might know what they are.

MesaDog seems to have plateaued. No overt Shivering, and he's going for his/my favorite pair of 'Comfort' Socks occasionally. Tail wags some. Somewhat dampened in Spirit, and this is all good. It dovetails nicely with the Vet Theory that he has Dog Flu. The onset Timeline fits from him being around other Dogs. A new common Water Bowl showed up a few Days ago at the Dog Park, so that Mode of Transmission also makes sense. Nothing to be done. The Vet sez that Dog Flu Vaccine doesn't work effectively/consistently. Let MesaDog ride it out, while watching him intently.

Many thanx for all the kind MesaDog Sentiments, my non-insane Surrogate Family Miscreants!

I whipped up my famed Enchiladas now in the Oven; as learned Decades ago from Mom. 2 Layers of flash-fried Corn Torts [Seconds in the Oil]. In between: Fake Crab. Monterey Jack Cheese. Onion. Tomato Sauce. Salsa. All in the deepest Casserole Pan we have. So what if it has a Xmas Decor. Sucker is deep, and that makes for the most future Meals. I also make my own Tostadas/Corn Chips while the Enchiladas cook. Warm w/Sea Salt makes for killer Chips that blow away Store Swill. Like Toast or Bacon, I makes 'em kinda dark and crispy.

All is nominal here around MesaVille. Clouds w/o Rain this Afternoon. Snowing up over the Mountains. Mebbe a Movie tonight via the Roku Box I've got running p/t over the Wireless Internet Link...

A ~1 Second Image of a spilled Pint of Booze in this Vid, should that be something one wants to avoid viewing.

- 'Mexican Radio' ~ Wall Of ****** -
Old 04-16-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

I may be off topic here .... but I'm assuming this is the "high low game" that was in one of my favorite movies.

My High this week .... I did a great job at work, and stayed sober. I was able to laugh about a lot of things!

My Low this week... the person I supervise (politically correct term "co-worker") is totally out of control and wasted a lot of my time so I missed some dead lines.

Just giving this thread a try

Old 04-16-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

not trying to put you off Nands lol but we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D