Notices

I need answers please.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by stillpooh19 View Post
Noelle - I dont think she meant it in historical fashion, only as these were milestones that early AA members recognized because of changes they witnessed (and symptoms) at different points in recovery which have now been categorized as PAWS. I think the important thing is to recognize the waves of change.
I agree that it is good to recognize the 'waves of change' as they occur in one's recovery, this was never the purpose of the 'chips' in AA; the milestones that were being recognized were only passages of time. Also remember, early on, chips were in increments of 30 days (one month) each for the first year, and is still followed in some groups today (and not 1 mo., 2mos., 3mos., 6mos., 9mos., and yearly thereafter, as followed by other groups).

Your therapist has a nice story that covers her understanding, but not necessarily the facts. As I suggested earlier, it might do you well to study AA's history (through its website and literature), including the usage of chips.

(o:
Old 04-17-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
It will take time for your body to adjust. Don't panic.
Took me a few months to start functioning normal again.

Well, kind of normal again I should say.

Many say give sobriety 6 months to a year before evaluating ones self spiritually, mentally and physically.

I know that when I was out there using and drinking -- I torn it up and down and all around -- takes time to recovery from that.

MB
Old 04-17-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm about 4 months sober and I have a low grade headache. Feels l a bit like the second day of a hangover. It started maybe a week ago. I'm trying to eat a little better. I think it will go away. I'm getting a physical in a few days. If the doc says anything of interest I'll post it.