Notices

day 1 again

Old 04-13-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 1 again

So I made it to day 25 and feel off and been drinking on an off since. I felt so horrible while not drinking physically I was exhausted. But I still feel horrible I was reading a lot of my symptoms maybe from low magnesium. Can alcohol cause this? The doctor ran tests and everything is fine but he didn't check magnesium.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonib View Post
So I made it to day 25 and feel off and been drinking on an off since. I felt so horrible while not drinking physically I was exhausted. But I still feel horrible I was reading a lot of my symptoms maybe from low magnesium. Can alcohol cause this? The doctor ran tests and everything is fine but he didn't check magnesium.
dude all of your symptoms are most likely because of alcohol addiction. It took my tooth filling 6+ months to feel normal, for the nerves to settle down. Your brain is one giant nerve and you've been battering it with a very potent drug, and have certainly compromised its natural structure.

It'll take up to 2 years of sober time to slowly repair the nerves, so you better buckle down and get ready for the sloooow sober ride.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure you are right, I started having muscle contractions in my leg not painful or nonpainful muscle spasms. The doctors said I'm fine so maybe all this is from my long term alcohol abuse.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Worrying about your magnesium level, or any health issue, while you are still drinking is counterproductive.

Any health issue you think is alcoholic related will benefit from not drinking. And any ailments you blame on sobriety can be attributed to not accumilating enough of it to see the health benefits.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've got to give yourself more sober time to experience the joys of living sober. 25 days is pretty early in. You are still recovering. Give yourself more time. It does get better as long as you stay sober.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, I would bet good money that you feel like sh*t because of alcohol abuse rather than any vitamin deficiency.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are posting & ready to recommit Toni!
Old 04-13-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had a lot of the same issues extreme fatigue cramping of limbs now I do suggest you go to your dr but what my Dr found was that I was critically low in my B complex vitamins, thiamine is a huge issue for those of us that drink to excess. He gave me a shot and within a very short amount of time I was feeling so much better, you can get them in any drug store. B complex.... can't hurt to try them but please do see a Dr as well to make sure nothing else is going on
Old 04-13-2016, 10:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ooops just saw where you went to the Dr. Did they do bloodwork?
Old 04-13-2016, 11:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you got a plan to stay sober ?
Old 04-14-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back xo