SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New wino mum (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/389424-new-wino-mum.html)

Sarahhayes1979 04-13-2016 07:46 AM

New wino mum

So just joined under my own duress.... Know so many stay at home mums drinking wine at 5.... Kinda starting to see I'm out of control..... Staying up alone for hours after husband and kids in bed with my friend my second bottle of wine. Feel **** and anxious all day, nervous about DUI driving kids to school.... Been like this for nearly 3 years, put on 15kilos....

entropy1964 04-13-2016 07:52 AM

Hi Sarah
Welcome. So great you're here to affect change in your life. It is doable but you really have to want it. You will never regret being sober for your kids. They aren't with us for long!
And you will most likely loose weight....and look younger. Skin more glowing, no red eyes. Soooo worth it!
And you'll save money. I used to put the money I would spend daily on booze in a jar or tea pot. Amazing how quickly that adds up.

learntofly 04-13-2016 07:57 AM

Hello! Welcome to SR. You'll find a lot of people here who know exactly what you're going through. It's good that you're realizing that what you're doing isn't working. Getting sober will absolutely change your life and the life of your kids!

ccam1973 04-13-2016 08:17 AM

Welcome aboard Sarahayes. You definitely have the power to break this cycle you are in.

Have you got a plan moving forward to help you through the tough times?

What got me through the rough patches was commitment, a plan and spending a ton of time here on SR.

You can do it, glad you found us.

FormerWineGirl 04-13-2016 08:20 AM

Welcome! You came to the right place. Wine was also my friend, my abusive lover. We broke up, and now I am happy. You can get out of that abusive relationship, too!

amazingjoy 04-13-2016 08:22 AM

Hi Sarahhayes1979, nice to have a fellow mom join the group. Welcome!

least 04-13-2016 08:26 AM

Welcome to the family. Wine was also my poison. Since I got sober, I've never been happier. :) You'll find lots of support here. :hug:

Dharma33 04-13-2016 08:27 AM

Hi Sarah-

I am an 11 months sober former Wino-Mom.....I could have written your post myself!

SR has been my rock; I read and post a lot and it has been working for me.

Welcome- this is a wonderful place to find support for a new sober life!

Anna 04-13-2016 08:41 AM

Welcome Sarah, I hope you will find inspiration to stop drinking. We do understand how hard this is.

Dee74 04-13-2016 02:58 PM

Welcome aboard Sarah :)

D

greens 04-13-2016 03:52 PM

Welcome! I was just reading her best kept secret which talks a lot about stay at home mom's and their consumption of wine. It was a really fascinating book.

Glad you found us, hope to see more of your posts in the future

Hevyn 04-13-2016 04:01 PM

Great to have you with us, Sarah. It's good that you realize there's a problem. Being here to talk things over really helps.

Berrybean 04-13-2016 09:36 PM

Welcome aboard.

Notimetoloose 04-13-2016 10:23 PM

Hi and welcome...

Everydaysabonus 04-13-2016 10:47 PM

Welcome sarah, I'm a noob too. You can do this!

Soberwolf 04-13-2016 11:49 PM

Welcome Sarah

Meraviglioso 04-14-2016 12:08 AM

Hi Sarah, I was one of those moms too but really kept it together on the outside. That is, until things started spiralling out of control at a pace I couldn't keep up with. I found a group of people (also some other moms) who would stop by the market in out little village, popping by the bar next door for "just one glass of white or a spritz" at 12:00 or so. Why not right? We deserve it. That led to a daily habit of drinking earlier and earlier and the glass I started with at 12, was continued by another 3 or 4o at home privately before I went to pick up the kids from school and then at that point it was 5pm, like legit time to drink so let's go for it kind of deal. After a while I found myself restless waiting for 12 to come around. I'd drop the kids at school and then go to the gym. I initially came home to shower and change clothes and then would go to the bar- maybe a tad bit earlier than 12... Then I starting skipping the whole shower part and just went straight from the gym to the bar at 10:30 or so. I was always slightly embarrassed asking for a glass of wine at that hour, but was also at a point where I thought "who the heck cares anymore?"
It is great that you have recognised a problem in your drinking now. It would be a good and easier time to stop. I went ahead and rode the elevator down a few more floors and only through rehab was I able to make a clean break. I am, as of today, 30 days without alcohol. I am fresh out of rehab though so don't want to boast or celebrate this too much, I know there is still a lot of hard work ahead of me.
You can do this, we are here to support you. It is not easy all of the time, but it is very simply- just don't drink.

360startstoday 04-14-2016 08:58 AM

I also read that book, "Her best Kept Secret" good one.

I'm also a mom and started drinking at 5... Every. Single. Day.

So glad I stopped, didn't realize the time I was missing out on with my boys and they are only small once, one childhood. Its up to us to make sure its a good one.

I hope you make the decision to quit for good. This is one decision you will never regret.

HeartsAfire 04-14-2016 06:22 PM

20 months ago (tomorrow) I was you. You can break free - it's totally doable. You won't believe how much better you'll feel.

Congrats on the best decision you ever made. Welcome home!

happyandfree 04-14-2016 06:48 PM

Hi Sarah! Welcome!