Notices

What's your favorite moment of your sober day?

Old 04-13-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I love bed time.....hot milk, book, bedside lamp, then after a few minutes snuggle into spoons with my hubby. Love, love, Love it!
Old 04-13-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Mornings, my car is right where I left it and theres no money missing from my wallet! Sometimes I miss the strangers in my bed though ...... jk
Old 04-13-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Being able to fall asleep naturally with a clear mind. Knowing I did my best by working hard, being honest, and helping others.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Mornings are the best. Evenings and weekends close second. Whats left but that 4 letter word WORK
Old 04-13-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Certainly morning-but also being able to run out to a store at 7pm...without worry about being pulled over.
Yes me too
Old 04-13-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Waking up sober & going to bed sober.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I hate mornings, period. Alarm clock is the bane of my existence. And sober mornings havent made me ready to jump out of bed and eagerly rush off to work. But...it certainly is easier to deal with the morning grind without the added dread of feeling like hell, or the guilt and self loathing of it being self induced.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

At my age...my favorite times add up top 4.....the 4 times I wake up durning my night sleep and have to walk to the bathroom....Not sick, no dry mouth, walk somewhat straight, do my thing and walk back to bed and lay down. ) plus...I still have my ATM card.)
Old 04-13-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Mornings great. Bedtime great. -then there's the activities of my day which are all an option now. My day used to include this huge list of things I just wasn't up to. -exercising, driving, smiling, work, even looking people in the eye when I talked to them. My whole day feels like a gift (which it is) now.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I've made a habit of posting a very very long post every morning in my wonderful Class of March 2016 where I respond to each and every person who has been active in the class since I last posted the night before. Mornings are my favorite part of the day now and hitting that "submit reply" button is my favorite part of those mornings. It feels good to be back where I belong and those posts affirm that I've made the right decision in moving back into recovery and in making SR the cornerstone of my recovery plan.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
now's the time

Night time. When drinking, sometimes the very first thing I thought about when I opened my eyes in the morning was "Oh god, what's going to happen tonight, I won't be able to sleep again".

I thought I was afraid of the insomnia but it turns out I was afraid of the drinking I was doing. I was actually afraid of myself, like deathly afraid of myself and what I was doing.

So I still get insomnia and it's not great, but I'm not afraid of it anymore. That is very precious to me. It's also why I hang out here at night I think!