SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   lost count (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/389225-lost-count.html)

Ianidus 04-10-2016 09:56 AM

lost count

should I be counting the days sober because I cant remember how long I've been sober, I'm sure I'm approaching a week and I kinda feel like I don't have a problem anymore.

shandy worked for me its only weak in fact its so weak that children can buy it

Vona71 04-10-2016 10:11 AM

Hi, Lanidus, and congrats on a week! Curious, what is Shandy?

Anna 04-10-2016 10:17 AM

Shandy has alcohol in it.

Ianidus 04-10-2016 10:18 AM

Its a fizzy drink that resembles half of beer mixed with lemonade but only contains 0.5% alcohol. its worked for me . and thank you for the gratz I could never go back to drink not now I'm myself again.

entropy1964 04-10-2016 10:19 AM

Hi there. Congrats on a week....or whatever it is. I think counting days is a personal choice. I don't but I do know my sobriety date...so I can tally anytime I feel a need. Losing count after only a week? Might still have some brain fog:a043:. It is easy to start thinking I don't have a problem after I start feeling well. That is my addiction pushing me to drink. I just have to remember that normal drinkers, moderate drinkers do not try to quit, have terrible consequences from their drinking and join recovery sites to stop drinking.

Only you can decide however. Good luck,

Ianidus 04-10-2016 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 5897807)
Shandy has alcohol in it.

not enough to cause intoxication. but then I didn't have any yesterday. I just like the taste.

Soberwolf 04-10-2016 10:28 AM

For me I can't drink anything with alcohol not even a stale glass of fruit juice if I can avoid it

Lanidus why do you think you chose shandy over the millions of types of soft drink available

Some drink NA beer and that choice is thiers but I know if it looks like it tastes like it eventually il want the real thing some may never come to that conclusion & that's cool but I know believe me I know I can't do that

You chose a drink with alcohol in it ? why is it important if it has alcohol or not ?

You don't have to answer that & I'm not judging you but at least think about that

Ianidus 04-10-2016 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 (Post 5897809)
Hi there. Congrats on a week....or whatever it is. I think counting days is a personal choice. I don't but I do know my sobriety date...so I can tally anytime I feel a need. Losing count after only a week? Might still have some brain fog:a043:. It is easy to start thinking I don't have a problem after I start feeling well. That is my addiction pushing me to drink. I just have to remember that normal drinkers, moderate drinkers do not try to quit, have terrible consequences from their drinking and join recovery sites to stop drinking.

Only you can decide however. Good luck,

I wont go back to booze I hate it

Ianidus 04-10-2016 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5897817)
For me I can't drink anything with alcohol not even a stale glass of fruit juice if I can avoid it

Lanidus why do you think you chose shandy over the millions of types of soft drink available

Some drink NA beer and that choice is thiers but I know if it looks like it tastes like it eventually il want the real thing some may never come to that conclusion & that's cool but I know believe me I know I can't do that

You chose a drink with alcohol in it ? why is it important if it has alcohol or not ?

You don't have to answer that & I'm not judging you but at least think about that

because I was hoping it would keep me off the stronger stuff. I understand your views all of you. I just had an idea it worked. I was desperate and its working. id rather be on shandy than booze.

ScottFromWI 04-10-2016 11:08 AM

How many cans/bottles of this shandy are you drinking a day? Alcohol is alcohol whether it is pure grain, whiskey, wine or beer.

Hawkeye13 04-10-2016 11:09 AM

Just a little "diluted" alcohol always led me to more after a few tunes
Maybe you'll be the exception.

Wishing you a happy sober week :)

doggonecarl 04-10-2016 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ianidus (Post 5897786)
I'm sure I'm approaching a week and I kinda feel like I don't have a problem anymore.

What do you mean, you don't have a problem anymore?

Dee74 04-10-2016 06:11 PM

I think you'll find it takes more than a week to deal with a problem you've had for years Ianidus.

Not saying that to burst your bubble - I think it's important to have a clear picture of what to expect.

Don't do what I did and confuse abstinence with control.

We don't have premixed shandy in Aus I suspect it would have been like NA beer for me tho...

I had the taste, more or less, but I missed the buzz, and though I was doing so well I could handle a drink or two of the real stuff...

D

least 04-10-2016 06:30 PM

If you're drinking something with alcohol in it, you don't have any sober days. Sober days are just that: sober. Stop drinking shandy and start your count over again, to be honest.

tomsteve 04-10-2016 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ianidus (Post 5897826)
because I was hoping it would keep me off the stronger stuff. I understand your views all of you. I just had an idea it worked. I was desperate and its working. id rather be on shandy than booze.

i might be harsh, but youre playing with fire.
you might want to take some time and search here of people who tried similar. in every instance they ended up back to drinking worse than before.