Notices

Back to Sober Basics Weekender April 8th Part 2

Old 04-10-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Brynnie, Mrs Brain certainly got pampered today, woke up to a happy beginning, breakfast served, lunch prepared and fresh coffee brewed...
the chicken cacciatore turned out pretty good, once you get passed there is no salt in it, quite tasty...

looks like a few people are blowing up in the masters, except Casey appears to be having the round of his life so far...

I'm seriously considering getting TV back this year... just in case I want to watch something like the masters, or the stanley cup...

Sao - Obsequiousness? Not bowing would be like not shaking hands... or not saying hello to a guest who entered your home or business.

of course, there is a certain etiquette that goes along with it... and this link will show how dumb americans can be, or our state department, obviously obama wasn't briefed on how to bow...

I recall having met a group of Japanese, actually they were from Fukushima Daiichi, on a visit - before the earthquake. Bowing was/is purposeful... there was a brief on HOW to bow.
At least corporate america has it's guano together concerning these types of things. Can't say much for the gubment tho... unless the head honcho is just an idiot - more likely
14 Reasons You Should Bow In Japan - Japan Talk
Old 04-10-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey HaF... have the chicken frying. Will post a pic when done (pending and disasters)

Hope everyone is well... Been kinda self occupied. Watching The Gift with Miss Kate Blanchett. An Australian woman doing a southern accent. Mr. Giovanni Ribisi. Something sexy about him.

k
Old 04-10-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I love how polite the Japanese and Koreans are, I've never been to either country; but there were a lot of tourists from both countries in China and SE Asia.
The chinese push and shove you, stand really close, cut you off in line and they always sound like they're yelling.
It was so nice to get stuck sitting next to a Japanese group on the train or something.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

The dreaded shopping is over, and was pretty successful. I ended up with 3 pairs of work pants and 4 tops. $175 for the whole works. Should get me started. I have a few appropriate things at home already. So I'm ready to go to work, at least wardrobe-wise. Mentally I'm conflicted. Sure have enjoyed my "life of leisure" for the past several years. Oh well. Only about 15 years to go and then I can retire.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

oops - my bad on the masters, I read the leader board incorrectly, it was a different one... it just gives a running position from par - not the individual hole scores... so solly

MLD, the Mrs needs to purchase new scrubs - the entire staff now has to wear the same color... and they ain't cheap neither...
but it sounds like you done good getting 4 outfits +/- for 175

Js, in ruskyland, they are quite the opposite of japanland people, the will knock you down if you get in their way... you oughtta see them crashing the gates getting to customs at jfk... you could get trampled to death if not careful... and not much different getting on off trains over there - the rudest ******* people I ever came across. I almost got into it with some people coming back from sochi... it was close to fisticuffs... and this was after I was sober...
Old 04-10-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I would LOVE to be able to wear scrubs to work. No thinking about what to wear. Easy to wash. No ironing or fussing. Sounds like my kind of work clothes. But after having been in jail with uniforms that were basically scrubs, it might give me the heebie jeebies.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

The streams are starting to unthaw now!

image upload no resize
Old 04-10-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Cloudy and cool today, nice for hiking, I am still not at work, this is bordering on ridiculous, I'm going to be there all night

photo uploading websites
Old 04-10-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Evening troops.

Relaxed day here. Housework, eating, chatting, and naps. Our guest has now left. Just finished some leftover mexican. Watching some mindless TV while winding junior down to sleep. Looking for a new TV series.

B
Old 04-10-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Brain, there's a live feed on the Master's site. I'm watching it on my Roku box. No cable needed these days.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

The climbers were out today too.
They're the rockstars of the mountains
You can see the little red person on the side

screencast
Old 04-10-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

thanks trach...

MLD - even after I fold her scrubs, she still has to iron them - even tho they don't need it... it's a long story...
Js - "unthaw" is like using a double negative. In my house to unthaw something is to re-freeze it...
I'm listening to my neighbor cut his grass. It was 20 degrees this morning - no grass cutting until it has had a few warm days in a row...

woo-hoo it works, thanks Trachemys... I just saw a putt reminded me of a 12 footer I made once but the ball traveled over 30 feet...

Last edited by LBrain; 04-10-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: masters
Old 04-10-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi, all,

Am catching up after dropping my mother off at the halfway point between my place and my brother's. We really had a nice weekend together. Hit the L.L. Bean store at the MOA, an IMAX movie about the national parks at the science museum, the conservatory and, to top it off, we went to a pop shop. I'd never heard of such a place until seeing a recent newspaper article about a store not *real* far from my place that sells only pop. (Or soda or sodapop, depending on where you live.) It was a hoot.

Big S, that photograph of the fruit in Guatemala was stunning. Marty, glad you got mission accomplished with the clothes shopping. Read through the string about guy friend ... am sorry about that. Really a shame.

I'll share the post I did in newcomers about the pop shop. Mesa, I found the brand of diet ginger beer you like. I came back with a case of 16 different bottles of pop, including that one. Kind of a nice treat!
Old 04-10-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Here's a little more about the pop shop and a couple photos. I took the pic of the bacon pop with the Weekenders in mind!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ges-thing.html
Old 04-10-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Brain I just googled Sochi! WOW!!! Beautiful! Did you like it there?
Old 04-10-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Brain don't make me get my family to turn you into a crow!!

Haha! It's past 15 minutes too so I can't fix it!!! Damn!
Old 04-10-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I don't have a sodium issue, thanks though, Brain.

I can eat anything I want depending how my Crohn's is doing.

I'm very glad I studied nutrition in culinary school and I have proper knowledge on how to cook and eat.

All food fits. Depends how much of it, when, and what an individual's needs are.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Mld: that's the worst! When you don't have a job it kinda hangs over your head so you can't fully enjoy the time off.
Then a job comes along and you can relax about finances- but then you actually have to go to the job
Old 04-10-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Mld: that's the worst! When you don't have a job it kinda hangs over your head so you can't fully enjoy the time off.
Then a job comes along and you can relax about finances- but then you actually have to go to the job
THIS IS EXACTLY MY LIFE THE LAST TWO MONTHS!
It's so aaaaaaaaaargh.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. It's been a busy day here. Meeting, meeting, church, and now I'm at my parent's house visiting and just hanging out. Heading home soon. It's been raining and cold all day.

Jen, putting the pic as a screen saver isn't a bad idea. If I find a recipe I want to make I'll copy the link and text it to myself. Then I can go straight to it when I want it.