Notices

Back to Sober Basics Weekender April 8th Part 2

Old 04-10-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, I just had to look up Shoney's... it's more like a Bob Evans than IHOP.

ML, I never heard of them, but it looked to be what one would find at a small town bluegrass festival sort of... this was taken from PEI. Yes, even Canadians dig bluegrass.

Petals, no need to be sorry, you always have a reserved seat waiting for you.

btw, This gal is playing right now about 15 minutes away. Last day of Jazzfest 2016, brunch... I really wanted to go but I would have had to abandon my Baby since she was up all night, and I just couldn't do that. Another time when she has time off, jazz brunch... or maybe even some chamber music?

Last edited by LBrain; 04-10-2016 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Keiko Matsui
Old 04-10-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!!!
I had a nice sleep,
Brynn your dream!! Xo so adorable

BigS- loved your pic and your post so much!

Sao: beautiful picture too! Now I want to travel!!!

All the breakfast talk sounds amazing, and brains pic look very very good!!!
I am having that vegan plant based shake that tastes like the ground for breakfast ( this was previously autocorrected to xmas)

Have fun today melina!!

Thanks for posting nons, great to hear!

I hope your washing isn't frozen behan!

Congrats on shotgun wws!!

Hi haf, olive and SU

I love the rain middy!

Did he text yet mld?

Hi petals! Better late than never!

Ken you should take a pic of the food when you're done, I like when people do that

Not much going on for me today- must work all day and night because I was lazy yesterday.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi petals
Old 04-10-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

There's a lot of blue grass here brain.
I love when the musicians combine the bluegrass, blues,folk and rock

This band is from my hometown- I love them

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XDsdo0duk6s

Sound is bad a bit
Old 04-10-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Guy friend is feeling pretty ashamed of himself this morning. Profuse apologies for his behavior yesterday. I'm so happy to be in a sober place where such morning-after apologies are no longer necessary.

I might go do some clothes shopping today. I dread it. If I had good money I could go to nicer stores where nice ladies would take my hand and pick things out for me while I stay in the dressing room. I can't afford that kind of service. So I have to stick with picking through clothes racks and being discouraged. I hate shopping.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That's absolutely one of the worst parts of drinking mld- the morning after- omg, the fear, panic, shame.
Looking over your texts in horror.

I agree with the others that you should start trying to see other people.
He's not very nice to you even when he's sober- and a straight up jackass when drunk; you deserve better than that.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm ok being single. But I could use some new friends to hang out with. He's actually very nice when he's sober. But weekends when he's drinking can be bad. I just need to have more options for friends when that's happening.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ok good, at least he's very nice when sober xoxo
And we all understand getting weird when alcohol is involved.

Ok, I swear I put off my responsibilities more everyday.
I'm now going hiking before work which will make me have to work until midnight.
But it's so beautiful out! And you only live once ( I think)
Old 04-10-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

welp.. I made another breakfast for the wife but she is in solid sleep mode right now... it will wait, meanwhile I'm going to bequiet until she wakes up, I have this going in the background... it's an entire album...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=279y...&nohtml5=False

open in a new window and enjoy...
Old 04-10-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Happy Sunday everyone
Old 04-10-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Marty's Comment on Shopping made me think of Full Service Department Store Shopping in Tokyo. MesaMate's Purse and Coat would be held by a bowing Assistant. She would be shown certain things. If something didn't float her Boat, there was no loss of 'Cheer' from the Staff if she didn't purchase. At least a Customer had come in to look. Insane Service Levels. Getting Gas causes 3 Guys to run around as if you're at an Indy Pit Stop.

Even buying some Take Away Cookie results in it going into an immaculate lil Bag, and crisply folded over. There might be a lil Ribbon on it, too. Then, presented with a bow and sincere smile. Trippy, vs the concept of Service here.

I would see numerous 'Round Eye Clinics' on the fast Train from the outlying Tokyo Airport. As shown via the Models on their Magazine Covers, having Eyes 'opened up' was a big [i]deal there. I'm fairly sure the Customer in this Vid Clip had this Operation, vs. the Staffer dressed in black. Western 'Ideals' of Beauty, and all that...
- Shopping In Japan ~ 2 Mins -

- 'My Woman From Tokyo' ~ Deep Purple -
Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

That clip is major fun for me, Mesa. I actually understood most of the Mandarin!

Yes - I want to shop in Japan. I want people to pamper me and take care of me. Service at the stores I go to is non-existent. Its almost impossible to find someone to ask if I have questions. I'm on my own.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

A pretty accurate Overview of Xmas Shopping in Tokyo is linked below. Been there at Xmas. Done this. There's 'Cute' Overload in that Culture. Killer Snacks, too...

In round numbers, drop 2 Digits off the Yen price to get a US Dollar equivalent.

At about Time Marker 6:30, there's a ritual of 2 Girls displaying Fingers. At the same time, each Girl says a number. If one Girl says '5' while that's the total combination of the Fingers displayed, she 'wins' that Round. She gets to open her Gift first. This Finger Ritual is also a Drinking Game there where the 'Winner' guessing the total number of Fingers downs a Shot of their 'White Lightning' Liquor. The Game is also played where the Loser guessing incorrectly downs a Shot. Either set of Rules leads to serious Hammer Time, since the Rounds go so quickly.

- Xmas Shopping In Tokyo -
Old 04-10-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have had a really good day today - I spoke at length on the phone to my aunt, uncle and cousin from the north east of england - my cousin is coming to London with her husband next weekend, I haven't seen her for ages
Old 04-10-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Interesting links viz a viz the Japanese shopping experience. I am probably a bit weird but I would be really embarrassed if someone started bowing or curtsying at me and I could never bring myself to to bow to anyone either. Obsequiousness I find really off putting - as I have been cruelly snubbed when the knighthoods are being doled out not bowing has not been a problem. If I was ever to get one I am sure I would immediately forget all of what I just said. Due to the global anti Saoutchik conspiracy I am unlikely to be unmasked as a hypocrite
Old 04-10-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Trach and anyone else following the Masters - Bernard Langer is me in spirit

Go Bernie!

(or Gehen Herr Langer! - as he probably prefers)
Old 04-10-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I want to be pampered and bowed to! I used to be pampered eons ago. Now I just fend for myself which makes me appreciate things more I guess.

Home from church. Met a lot of really sweet people today and the service was incredibly inspirational. It's a good way to start off the week!
Old 04-10-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Congratulations soberwolf xx
Old 04-10-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Guy friend is feeling pretty ashamed of himself this morning. Profuse apologies for his behavior yesterday. I'm so happy to be in a sober place where such morning-after apologies are no longer necessary.
So true, Marty! It's one of THE best things about being sober!
XO
Old 04-10-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Just caught up on the first part....
Lots been going on.
Could someone be so kind as to tell me how to make those potato cheese and onion things they sound yummy xx