Notices

Hello SR Community

Old 04-07-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello SR Community

Hello, its been a while. Since about my birthday I believe.

I am drunk, and wanted to share a few thoughts. First, I am a piece of ****. This is true whether or not I am drinking, it is just a feature of mine. However, I have outlived my personal expectations. I have seen much of the world, and have slept with more women than I have ever had the right to. I have accomplished all of this before turning 23, and while being a piece of ****.

As a piece of ****, I like to drink. Drinking, like most of you, has caused many problems in my life. Other drugs have helped cause these problems for me, no doubt, but I personally blame alcohol for most of it. I have to concede though, alcohol has done me a lot of good too. Alcohol makes me feel good and happy, feelings I am unable to feel in a sober state. I hope I am not triggering anyone, I just wanted to make an honest post about how I feel right now.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll decide to recommit to recovery retroactive.

I have to say you don't sound too happy to me, and it doesn't seem like you're feeling that good right now?.

There's got to be a better way, man.

You posted here drunk last time too - it's not against the rules or anything and it doesn't trigger me - staright up, I'm not envious

but I wonder if you wouldn't get way more out of the place by posting here tomorrow before you decide to drink again?

Give yourself a chance, and give us a chance to help? Whaddya say?

D
Old 04-08-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you'll give the sober life a chance. It really is a better way of life.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey Retroactive your not a piece of **** first off your suffering as many alcoholics do from alcoholism

I'm going to take a guess that you drink but you don't want to drink deep down ? I remember that hell... all alone isolated & mentally kicking the **** out of myself it's a horrible place to be

I know you have had a drink so the best thing is water & rest - try to pour away any remaining alcohol & book a Dr apt or a visit to your local hospital to ask for help with alcoholism

Try & get some rest bud
Old 04-08-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Retroactive,

Do you want to stop drinking? If so, there is a ton of support in here.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back Retroactive!!
Old 04-08-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You don't have to feel this way. You can start in a whole new direction. You can change. You can become the person you wish to respect.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

...self diagnosis goes only so far. It's a good step but what now to address it? Do you want change?
Old 04-08-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
...holds the key

You say drinking makes you feel good and happy, but you don't sound too happy, retro

I loathed myself 1000x more when I drank. Drinking made me feel suicidal....one of the main reasons I had to give it up. I couldn't stand feeling like that anymore.
I can truly say that since I've been sober I no longer hate myself the way I used to.
I hope you'll give sobriety a chance, too. There's so much more to life.
Xoxo
Old 04-08-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you're back Retroactive. This place can help, but you've got to be the one that commits.

Listen to the advice that's already here. You won't regret giving up drinking. I don't think i've run across one single person who said... "man, i really love being an alcoholic, all of the drunk nights I'll never remember, feeling like sh** every day, killing my body... there's nothing better".

Dig deep if you want to break this cycle, you have the power. We can help if you want.
Old 04-08-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad to see you too, Retro. I hope you'll come back and keep talking. We care about you.
Old 04-08-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're here for you Retro, and hopefully you will make the decision to stop drinking.