Notices

Thankful List

Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thankful List

As I'm sitting here on Day 5 of sobriety, I made a list of all the things I'm thankful for right now and it makes today a lot easier. Sure my emotions are a little all over the place but honestly it's worth it. I'm thankful for not being hungover or shaky. I'm thankful I don't have to worry about where I hid empty bottles and empty beer cans that my GF might find. I'm thankful that I get to enjoy today, instead of being drunk until I eventually pass out. I'm thankful I actually have an appetite and can hold down my food instead of getting sick. I'm thankful that when my GF gets home from work were gonna go to the gym and have a nice dinner, instead of locking myself in my apartment bc I don't want anyone to see me too drunk. I'm thankful that I'm actually looking forward to when my GF gets home from work and not counting down the hours I have left to drink. I'm also really thankful for the SR website and all the people who share stories and offer help and I don't know what I would be doing if I haven't found it. I hope everyone has a good day 😊Feel free to share things you are all thankful for on this day!

-Kim
Old 04-07-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for having a day off.
I'm grateful for my shiny new silver shoes that keep giving me that 'new shoes' moment (yep - sad I know)
I'm grateful for being comfortable in my own skin on a day that has been solitary
I'm grateful that I discovered a delicious new coffee that smell and tastes divine by accident - ie I couldn't get the regular one that I ALWAYS have
I'm grateful that the blossoms look so pretty at the moment
I'm grateful that I can afford to go to the theatre tonight and treat an old friend to a ticket as well (that wouldn't have been the case in the drinking days - spend whisky funds on theater tickets??!)
I'm grateful for the friends from AA who texted me today
Old 04-07-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
I'm grateful for having a day off.
I'm grateful for my shiny new silver shoes that keep giving me that 'new shoes' moment (yep - sad I know)
I'm grateful for being comfortable in my own skin on a day that has been solitary
I'm grateful that I discovered a delicious new coffee that smell and tastes divine by accident - ie I couldn't get the regular one that I ALWAYS have
I'm grateful that the blossoms look so pretty at the moment
I'm grateful that I can afford to go to the theatre tonight and treat an old friend to a ticket as well (that wouldn't have been the case in the drinking days - spend whisky funds on theater tickets??!)
I'm grateful for the friends from AA who texted me today
That's a good list, and once I'm able to save money again I can't wait to go to the theatre and buy new shoes 😊