Old 04-07-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hi BigShoe! Nice to see you!

Welcome, Amazingjoy!
Old 04-07-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

It's starting to feel real, folks. IT department e-mailed me to ask what kind of computer I want. And I'm doing part-time hours right now and people are stopping by to congratulate me. Word gets around... This is actually going to happen. I haven't worked full-time in almost 6 years. A bit worried what I'll do when 2 pm rolls around everyday - that's nap time most days when I'm home. Maybe I'll pull a George Costanza. Let's see who gets that reference.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I hope you have a big desk Marty.

Congratulations again
Old 04-07-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

It's big enough... Plenty of room for me and my pillow.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
saoutchik

In

Welcome Dean1978, amazingjoy and bigshoe

Congratulations Marty!

Thank you for that intro Weasel, a timely reminder for me as I am having a tough week - working furiously just to stand still. I don't think I could have coped if I was still drinking

Incidentally, us Londoners have an additional threat to deal with - the great blurry monster of the river Thames spotted at Greenwich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160407_174014.jpg (12.7 KB, 53 views)
Old 04-07-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
saoutchik

LOL!

'River Thames monster' leaves top wildlife experts baffled | London | News | London Evening Standard
Old 04-07-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Marty yay!!!
Old 04-07-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

The pertinent quandry from The Who on identifying the Thames River Beast. Recorded in the White O2 Arena in that Pic. River-side in Greenwich...

- 'Won't Get Fooled Again' ~ The Who -

- George Sleeps Under His Desk - Seinfeld -
Old 04-07-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi, all, and a special greetings to new fellow journeyers here on the bus.

Am writing from home as I called in sick. Sinus-y junk and just overall yuck. Feel a little better just resting, but not 100 percent.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
hello...
I find that sometimes I start getting back to old habits - or emotional type things really. When I find myself becoming impatient or short tempered, I have to remind myself to slow down and practice mindfulness. Along with mindfulness will come tolerance and acceptance. And naturally, peace of mind and well being are byproducts of those feelings.

I have a fresh example...
I started coffee. I got my bag of oats and poured into the bigger small bowl - wow, too many oats but not more than I think I can do. I add water, probably not enough and zap it for a couple minutes. I discover there is only enough buckwheat honey in the jar for about 1/3 of the oats. I add walnuts and since we is out out of fruit this morning I decided to add some cocoa powder. Because I didn't turn on the lights, I am adding cocoa powder in the 'dark'. Hard to tell but it looks like WAY too much cocoa. I stir it all together and I have this dry bitter chocolate flavored bowl of mush with the consistency of play dough. I don't even have the foo-foo stuff for my coffee to counter the bitter chocolate dough. It kinda reminds me of bear scat.
But I'm being a tough sob and eating it. Most people would call it nasty. The thing is, I didn't have a fit when the chocolate powder came dumping into the bowl. I just went with it. Unfortunately I have nothing to counter the bitterness. There might be sugar in the cupboard, but I don't use it. It's for guests.

So anyway, my day started of by what can either be called BAD START, or can be called a test of my ability to laugh at myself. I chose the latter.
I do this every.dang.time. with crushed chili peppers. I eat those suckers on everything. The last few times I've doused my food in them accidentally. But I'm a good sport and eat the food with runny nose and tingly mouth.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Great job Marty! Loved when George would take a nap under the desk, just remember to bring a pillow.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Deliza haha!

Well today is my friday!
I have tomorrow off and then I start my other job on sat.
I'm going to go hiking tomorrow- but first I'm going to stop by that outdoor adventure store to see if the Irish guy is there to 'help' me find a lightweight sleeping bag ( even though I know exactly what I'm looking for)

Ven xoxo
Old 04-07-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 04-07-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Wow Ken that intro was awesome and I really needed that today.

Easter weekend did me dirty and I've been on and off track since

I realize I've been too hard on myself and am trying to make too many commitments at once while missing the point that staying sober should me my main priority above all. I've been telling myself that I need to give up coffee, I need to keep my diet on point, I need to read this book and that book, and this and that and whatever!

So today I am reprioritizing. Simply staying sober is priority number 1.

Priority number 2 is to simply go easy on myself. If I want coffee, I'll drink coffee. If I want pizza or ice cream, I'll eat some freakin' pizza and ice cream.

Thanks hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 04-07-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Brain, it IS all a matter of perspective sometimes. I saw the chocolate oatmeal and if you hadn't said it was a concoction you threw together because you were out of other, more desirable stuff, and that you had to choke it down, it wouldn't have seemed so gross. Say, perhaps, that instead you said "look at my batter for chocolate oatmeal cookies! Doesn't it look delish?"

Sao, I watched that video. Weird. I was far more intrigued in looking at the pictures in a different article about vermin seen in London. I hardly think that a Wallaby living in Highgate Cemetery qualifies as vermin. I liked the photograph of a red fox, napping on an outside windowsill - on the second floor (First floor in UK). How did the fox get up there? He looked so cute. The enormous rats? NOT cute.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

MNS, you've got the hang of it in that statement. Go easy on yourself. Eat pizza. Eat ice cream. Don't drink alcohol. Like Brynn said earlier, we can't take care of everything for everyone. It's crazy making.

Venecia, I hope you feel better soon. My sinuses are chronically driving me insane. I have a humidifier in my bedroom which helps.

Mesa, I was wondering why Google's image for today was a sitar. I just listened to Ravi Shankar on YouTube, playing at Woodstock. Pretty amazing stuff.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Mr Big!! I've missed you!!

((((Ven)))) hope you feel better soon!

Mesa....love the concrete! Yet another reason I need a rich husband who I don't have to live with or talk to!

That river monster kinda looks like an alligator?? I love mysterious water monsters!

I like your plan mns!!

Y'all....this has been a very busy and stressful day already! I hate being startled first thing in the morning...it's like you can never fully recover and your discombobulated the rest of the day! Blah! Anyway...I'm going to do a quick lunchtime workout and see if that gets me centered again. Gorgeous and warm here today!
Xoxo
Old 04-07-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Do your best

Anyone seen this hand of god show ?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
That river monster kinda looks like an alligator?? I love mysterious water monsters!
Or possibly a couple of black bin bags

Raining and windy here, roll on the weekend
Old 04-07-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
Here is a basic for me...it's my first time joining a weekend thread :-)
Welcome amazingjoy! The weekender bus is a fun safe place to be. Speak up and talk about any topic. Nothing planned here.

Ken