Notices

119 days sober.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

119 days sober.

Make it 120 days, it's almost midnight here. I'm just kinda bored and felt like posting. Really the closest I've come to drinking was about a week ago. I heard from my ex-girlfriend. We talked and laughed, I can always make her laugh. She asked me if I had a job. Told her i was working part time for my brother. Money it's not an issue for me right now but I felt great shame. Which turned to anger for her making me feel bad about myself. It's part time and doesn't pay much. I've had much better more professional jobs in the past...sometimes I felt like I was in a really low place/job. Wrecked and ruined life, man I really thought about just have a few beers. I didn't. I'm not in that much trouble legally right now and no more is coming along. My truck needs tires but it's fairly new. I live with my brother and pay $400 rent-I'm use to living poorly. I think about buying a house but feel I need a stable job like everyone else that buys a house. Then again most people pay a mortgage. My ex knows I can pay cash for any house we ever visited...I'm thinking her relatives and yep it's true. They are all professional people. I didn't drink myself broke. It's late and I'm just thinking. 120 days, that's 4 months...long time. Sun will come up tomorrow and I'll try to do better.

Hope you have a good night or day whichever the case may be.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Chr....thanks for posting. I can't sleep so have been scrolling through threads! Congratulations on 119 days. I was just adding up mine, I am a little ahead, but it feels like things are slowing down a bit. It's great that you stayed sober after feeling low following the conversation with your ex. Try and stay focus, work is a good thing, but work ethic is better so it really doesn't matter what we do just that we want to do it!. Anyway congratulations buddy.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations
Old 04-07-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on four months sober!
Old 04-07-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats! Good job not listening to that pesky voice.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been in well paid jobs and poorly paid jobs and none of it matters when I think about my sobriety, if I woke up hungover tomorrow it would be devastating to me. Be proud of yourself for being sober.