Notices

Day 2 yet again

Old 04-06-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 yet again

Hi everyone. This is my day two sober. Yet again. Following another relapse. I am so disappointed in myself. I just feel really sad. I am 38 years old woman and have been struggling with alcohol since I was around 18. I made the mistake as per usual of reaching around the 40 day mark (this time 38) and thinking 'I'll just have the one glass'. Yeah right. One bottle doesn't even cover it. So here I am ... Trying again .... I have been a lurker on this website for a long time. I think it is great and all the stories and various experiences are so inspiring. I have finally registered too. Hoping that being honest with myself and with everyone on here may help me achieve what I obviously can't do alone. Thanks for reading me
Old 04-06-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, welcome back and welcome aboard! Come join us in the April class 40 days is a great number to get under your belt... so you KNOW you can do this!

Do you have a recovery plan?
Post and read lots. SR is such a great community and tool to keep in our sobriety tool boxes.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you... No I haven't thought of a plan yet. I know I need to but I am a bit confused at the moment. Thanks again for the support
Old 04-06-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on day 2 Allegra

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 04-06-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Allegra78 and welcome! You and I are in the same boat! Delizadee mentioned the April class. It's off and running so come join us there too. SR is a great source of help and hope! I'm glad you have officially joined us!
Old 04-06-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the posting side of SR Allegra. I spent a ton of time lurking here before I joined. That was the best decision I ever made; joining this community.

You absolutely can break this cycle. Focus on what you want to get out of your tomorrow which starts with not drinking today. each time you think of drinking, play it forward in your mind of where that one drink will take you.

If you have made it to the 40 day mark before, then you know what to do. Now you just need to get those days back and adjust your mindset for the long haul.

Until I finally gave in completely to being sober, I was always setting myself up to fail. Sure enough, when I wasn't 100% committed, I would drink again, and again, and again.

You can do this.

Welcome