Notices

important question please help

Old 04-06-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

important question please help

H guys doing well, I bought a bottle of shandy its only 0.5 alcohol and its really helping with cravings along with my painting, reading and meditation. But I kinda feel guilty i was in the shop with my last pound and had a can of lager in my hand and i just said no, well my internal monolog did, i put it back as if i was putting an enemy in its place and went to the soft drinks section. I think i just need reassurance but i know its a good choice for me and shows strength etc. What are your views please, my dear friends
Old 04-06-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Ianidus View Post
Today ... I have had enough and decided to declare war on my alcohol and nicotine addictions.
I used to try to wage war on my alcoholism by drinking just a little. It never went well for me. I hope you have better luck with it.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

If it has alcohol in it, I wouldn't drink it. But, that's a personal choice. If you are comfortable drinking it, then that's what matters.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I have often wondered what the effect of a very small quantity of alcohol would be on a person trying to quit. Let us know how it works for you!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For me personally it is a no no as its rationalising having the alcohol no matter how little. I wanted to break that mindset completely.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't even use mouthwash that has alcohol in it.....
Old 04-06-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I never tried shandy but attempted it with alcohol free wine and beer, but always ended back on the real stuff!
Old 04-06-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Spadge that's just what I was thinking... you open the door to trace amounts of ingesting alcohol you run this risk of sliding down the slippery slope all the way back to physical dependence.

There would be no point for me to moderate or control in any way. One leads to the next to the next etc. Even when I can truthfully say I enjoy the taste... my addiction enjoys the effects just as much if not more.

Easier to keep the door firmly shut on the beast than to try and keep it at bay and hold the door open just a crack.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

I personally wouldn't but like Anna said if your comfortable with that then that's what matters
Old 04-06-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What ever you are comfortable with Lanidus, that's what is important. Personally, I wouldn't tempt it since I know t could lead me back down a dark path that I never want to return to.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have found that im sober tonight and feel better than any chemical could make me. i was a bit edgy but at 9pm gmt+0 i totally relaxed because the shops shut. i dont know if the shandy helped, ill not have any shandy