Notices

Withdrawal symptoms when still drin*ing?

Old 04-05-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal symptoms when still drin*ing?

Hello,
I'm 2*. I've been drin*ing daily for the past 6 years, usually *-6 drin*s.
3 months ago I went on a binge for a couple days, and since then my brain has been a total mess. I've been experiencing disorientation, confusion, very intense brain fog, spaced out, tinnitus, extreme fatigue, hypnic jer*s, pressure in the head... it feels li*e I had gotten a really bad concussion.

But for those 3 months I continued drin*ing everyday (yes I was that stupid). The symptoms have never gone away. It just seems weird that I am going through what seems li*e PAWS even though I hadn't quit. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've been sober for the past 6 days though and I feel so much better physically. My mind is still a complete mess.

Sorry if this post is illiterate - I currently have an IQ of 10
Old 04-05-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd go tal* to a doctor Pronto li*e.

I went through that and no its not paws. But you need to quit drin*ing and if you're drin*ing daily I'd suggest a medically supervised detox. Detox is dangerous.

I did at my worst points experience reverse tolerance coupled with withdrawals. It was AWFUL. I'd be drun* after 3 drin*s, horribly so, slurring stumbling.... sha*es, nausea, hallucinations, feelings of doom, brain fog so thic* I struggled to see and I'd forget what I was doing one second to the next.
Scary stuff. Do ta*e care. See a Dr as soon as you can.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The "w" in PAWS stand for withdrawals, and the P stands for post..or after. So if you are still drin*ing every day you haven even gone through regular/acute withdrawals yet.

I would also suggest seeing s Doctor if your condition has not improved. Discuss your drin*ing honestly and see what they suggest.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
I'd go tal* to a doctor Pronto li*e.

I went through that and no its not paws. But you need to quit drin*ing and if you're drin*ing daily I'd suggest a medically supervised detox. Detox is dangerous.

I did at my worst points experience reverse tolerance coupled with withdrawals. It was AWFUL. I'd be drun* after 3 drin*s, horribly so, slurring stumbling.... sha*es, nausea, hallucinations, feelings of doom, brain fog so thic* I struggled to see and I'd forget what I was doing one second to the next.
Scary stuff. Do ta*e care. See a Dr as soon as you can.
Than*s. I should've mentioned I've been seeing my doctor for the past 2 months and I'm soon to get an EEG and MRI. Things have been going at a snails pace though and it's causing me a lot of anxiety...
Old 04-05-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Sounds li*e symptoms of a big drin*ing problem. Before I quit for good I had any number of things wrong with me at any given time. This of course comes from feeding ourselves poison over and over in excessive amounts.

First see a Dr. So you can quit safely and then ma*e a plan to stay quit.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sareth6* View Post
Than*s. I should've mentioned I've been seeing my doctor for the past 2 months and I'm soon to get an EEG and MRI. Things have been going at a snails pace though and it's causing me a lot of anxiety...
Drin*ing will definitely help exacerbate all of those symptoms. You will be amazed at how fast a body can recuperate once the alcohol is removed safely. Just wondering have you been completely honest with your Dr about your drin*ing?
It's hard to diagnose and regulate symptoms when drin*ing is still a factor, be they physiological or psychological.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Sareth
Old 04-06-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I recommend seeing your dr and getting a full blood workup. Alcoholism severely deprives our minds/bodies of essential micro nutrients. Thiamine (B1), B12, Folic Acid, Potassium, Magnesium. Deficiencies in these vitamins can cause all kinds of neurological malfunctions. And of course good old dehydration...Alcoholics also tend to be low blood sugar (hypoglycemic) which can cause many of the symptoms you describe. So get that blood test.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had withdrawal all the time when I was still drinking. It's why I kept drinking. To make the discomfort stop. Keep working with your doctor and don't drink.

Your symptoms could be anything from a kidney infection or sinus infection. Alcohol won't help either.