Notices

Dumped suddenly by 3yr gf on Xmas

Old 04-08-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yeah indeed. I've had a weekly therapist for some time now. And this forum is definitely helping as well. I even know what AV means now! And I must say, the AV is like 90% of the noise in my head. Trying to shake it loose. I suppose I'm wondering what my social life will look like. I'd like to make new friends, but not in bars. My current long-time friends are great and have really been there for me, but they are mostly married and busy, and so we don't see each other THAT much. I'm coming to realize though that night times, which are when I generally want to drink, are not really going to be filled up at the drop of a hat when you're not going to bars. I mean, where else does one go at night that doesn't require advance planning?
Old 04-08-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Movies? Coffee house? Book stores?
Old 04-08-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michel78 View Post
Yeah indeed. I've had a weekly therapist for some time now. And this forum is definitely helping as well. I even know what AV means now! And I must say, the AV is like 90% of the noise in my head. Trying to shake it loose. I suppose I'm wondering what my social life will look like. I'd like to make new friends, but not in bars. My current long-time friends are great and have really been there for me, but they are mostly married and busy, and so we don't see each other THAT much. I'm coming to realize though that night times, which are when I generally want to drink, are not really going to be filled up at the drop of a hat when you're not going to bars. I mean, where else does one go at night that doesn't require advance planning?
Where do people go at night? I don't know. I'm an old married woman who works half the time outside the home and the other half inside the home, and try to figure how I'm going to get it all done and still be half-way sane? I struggle with resentment that I don't seem to have enough time to pursue my passionate hobbies...so dealing with resentment is one of the key issues I've covered with my own therapist...cuz at some point in time I realized that I was harboring a bunch of resentment which started years ago, really that I had somehow suppressed or repressed. Anyways, today I made a fab discovery! Called one of my sisters up and found out she has been attending AlAnon for the past 3 years and I didn't even know that, but it was so freeing because I was able to really open up to her about addiction issues and childhood co-dependency issues; the dysfunction of how our mother dealt with our dad's drinking. No, she didn't up and dump him because he drank. She just nagged him to death-he finally stopped, but then I think he resented her for it. I'm sorry your GF hurt you by dumping you on Christmas; that stinks. But I am SO thankful it's still not the 1970's anymore and that there is a TON more help available to addicts and co-dependents.