Notices

Hope is Alive Weekender April 1st Part 2

Old 04-04-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My theory is that it wasn't ever that good, and plus, I think he may be 'all written out' at this point.

I guess I need to figure myself out, this probably doesn't make any sense, I just feel lost, lonely too because I've given a lot of people up because I don't want to go down that road with them.

I honestly don't really understand myself.
I don't know if I do these things because it's just a part of me or if I'm self destructive.
I do enjoy life very much and I love the living of it; so I don't think it's because I have some death wish or something.
I don't know, just thinking out loud.
I'll stay, I just felt like a hypocrite if I was here.
I do love the sober, clean life very much, but I love the other side too.
I guess it's like Dee says, just gotta choose one.
Would it help, maybe, to try and determine if your pursuing of the 'other side' on occasion is too much of a danger, threat, or hindrance to your continuing to live a good life?

That's what helped me ... to remind myself that I may not be able to live the kind of life I want to live if I dip into that drinking lifestyle.

Glad you're ok!
Old 04-04-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So happy to see you, Jen!
Old 04-04-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm happy that you came back jen.

What you said did make sense. You are so used to that old life, you've spent so much time living in it. It is also easier to remember the good times and not the bad, grass is always greener deal.
Have you tried working with a counselor?

Again, I'm happy you're back.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Jen,

Deviant doesn't mean dirty or wrong, even though we are taught to believe that. How is it bad if someone derives pleasure from pain, in private and with a trusted partner? Why is it bad for us to enjoy different partners, why do we have to stick with one, especially if we aren't trying to get married and have kids? What is the point of being unattached if not to enjoy life's rich buffet?

I know a lot of ppl having some very bad sexual relations or none at all with the person they are married to and they are just withering away, miserable. It sounds like the most boring thing ever and they look so dry and lonely when they talk about it. Sleeping around can be lonely, too. But being single and being safe and selective while choosing partners can be so much fun. And it's nobody's business how you get your rocks off.

And there's lots of people in marriages or monogamous partnerships that love how things are going in the intimacy department. I don't know any but I thought I would say that to be fair.

I say let your freak flag fly but it doesn't mean anyone needs to know exactly what you're up to, it's not their business. Sex shaming is ridiculous. Enjoy what you like and be safe doing it. The haters are jealous and probably up to some really sick and lonely stuff by themselves and with just the Internet.

Edit: I guess that last sentence sounds like I'm sex shaming, too. It's just bc I feel defensive that you feel you are deviant. Let everyone enjoy everything they like, including by themselves with the Internet
Old 04-04-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Jen. You'll figure it out. I don't have any words of wisdom. I always wanted to think I was more adventurous, funny, avant garde, etc. than I am. I'm pretty humdrum and mundane. It's hurt lately to realize that. I'm don't lead all that interesting a life. You do., whether you think so or not. And you don't need alcohol to lead it. Does drinking help you do those things?

Anyway, I'd say ditch the cleanse.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

ohai! IN!

So. I had to just check in because it's been a while.

LOL jsbodhi. Existential angst. My old friend. I think all of us here know the Dark Side intimately. You are no worse than any of us here - trust me. I truly hope you don't go back to drinking, though. There are plenty of adrenaline highs to be had without alcohol or drugs. Don't die young. You'll miss a lot of shenanigans in your 50s. Ask me how I know.

I am well. I'm not drinking, for those of you who are worriers. No drama to report and I'm glad of that.

Sao, this is all your fault. A little birdie told me you said "Hi." I had to log in to say "Hi" back.

Much love and huggies for all you sober warriors. I haven't been keeping up, but I do think of you all. It's summer in the PNW. Almost.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The City just agreed to pay out more money on another police case. One of our esteemed aldermen was quoted in the paper as saying "I was disgusted. It was horrible. The man was asleep in his cell and he wakes up dead."

It sounds like this whole zombie movie craze has gotten to him.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Bim, good to see you. Almost summer? You're lucky. You hit the nail on the head with the existential angst. My old friend as well. Bleah. Take care of yourself.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks guys xo

Ruby: ditched the cleanse, I'm here binge eating wendy's chilli cheese fries and a soda.
Drinking helps in the way that that's where you find other bad people to spend time with.
I've been dead sober while paying for the happy ending massages :/
So it's not that I just get drunk and do naughty things, I'll do it sober too which is worrying.

And just so everyone doesn't worry, I've known the hells angel since I was a teenager.
I don't hang around them very often, just the one.
There's a clubhouse in my neighbourhood and so a couple of the guys I grew up with here just joined because that's what you do I guess.
He's the one that called crying about his mom the other day, we've been friends for years.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Oh bim!! I've missed you!
I'm a cliche haha!
Old 04-04-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I did drink last night, but due to overwhelming support and wise words, I will stop it there and continue to be sober here with you people.
I'm sorry again for being a drama queen
Old 04-04-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Jen

You are not devient at all - paying your way through college while running your own business is commendable Jen you should be proud

I think you need to give yourself a break from beating yourself up. I have no knowledge of Candida but I'm sure a doctors would be able to help with treatment/prognosis. I would also suggest easing up on a strict diet - just eat 80% healthy

Maybe you should do what my youngest daughter does to an extent and get a few outward "trappings" of a badass without buying the whole lifestyle

I disagree about Stephen King though
Old 04-04-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Oh bim!! I've missed you!
I'm a cliche haha!
Right? Aren't a lot of us?!

I wore myself out with all the stuff I did. Live life to the fullest! At some point I had to slow down. I just didn't want to say no to anything. So I didn't. Now I enjoy my peaceful mind, but when I was younger I was full of the same thoughts.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry about that BIM

Well done Marty

Hope the tat went OK fabela
Old 04-04-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks so much again everyone xo

While I'm at my admitting, I should say I have phone sex with one of the inmates sometimes too.
It's like a stupid little date we plan.
There, I'm done.
I feel purged, as if I've been to confession.

I suppose I should go to work now
Xo
Old 04-04-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Now I own a Reynard (non running) I feel I am pretty much a hells angel myself

No one is gonna mess with me on this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160404_183940.jpg (33.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
No one is gonna mess with me on this
Old 04-04-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Have you looked into any slower candida cleanse diets jen? Ones that don't kill all the yeast off at once so your body doesn't go through the toxic shock?

Take care of yourself.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sao xoxo haha!

I've just started looking SU- I told the lady that got me on it i'm not doing it anymore and she said I don't have to do it with such a strong die off- it'll just last longer
Old 04-04-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi jsbodhi, Hi biminiblue! ! It's so good to hear from both of you.
Jsbodhi. ..it sounds like you may be at a turning point. Your introspection is wonderful it may lead to positive changes. Who knows, I don't have any profound words of wisdom. All I know is how I want to live my life today...how I want to think about myself. I do prefer the honest, clean life. I don't have to stress about what I did last night, and there is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. Yes, it may sound like a boring life compared to my wild days, but I like the peace I've found in it.
Keep working on it, jsbodhi. ....you are doing just fine.