Notices

Hope is Alive Weekender April 1st Part 2

Old 04-06-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I agree trees!!!! Good to see you! AV will quiet down soon.

Hi B! Hi SW!

Wednesday a'ready! Yikes. Crazy week. Looking forward to the weekend.

Work work work work....
Old 04-06-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I have just had a Skype interview. Unfortunately it did not go well.
But on the bright side, I did it instead of cancelling and hiding in bed which is what I wanted to do this morning. If I did cancel I would end up feeling even worse.
I will consider it a warm-up for Round Two which is this afternoon. And of course the job I would really really like which is the interview on Friday.

I get these sent to my e-mail and when I read today's one, I thought it was quite apt.

"Dear Incredible Girl,

It's time to take a look back and see how far you have come....

You have made huge strides that you won't even recognize for awhile. You have touched people's lives that you don't even know about. You have been protected from situations that you never saw coming, and so you don't even know how big that protection was.

You have overcome things that you weren't expecting and you made it through days that sometimes you weren't sure you could make it through.

You woke up almost every day and decided to make the most of that day. You saw beautiful things, met beautiful people, and shared your beauty too.

You might be thankful this chapter is over, or it might be one that made you laugh and that you will fondly remember. You might be right in the middle of a chapter that has not played out yet.....and your story will continue from here.

What is for sure is that you are growing. You are experiencing. You are having brand new experiences that are a part of YOUR story...a story that is rich with ups and downs and tragedy and triumph.

Sounds like a pretty fantastic story to me.

You are so loved...now and forever.
xoxo"

So long story short, the interview did not go well, but I did it and faced up to it instead of hiding away, which is what I would normally do. So I am sitting here wrapped in a warm glow of pride. It's a new and nice feeling...
Old 04-06-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon everyone
Old 04-06-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I'm gonna sign off SU xo
Going to see if netflix has any good horror movies and skype with my friend in California and see what's new with her.
In my opinion the two scariest horror movies are sinister and the ring
Sleep well everyone xoxo
Sinister scared the hell out of me!! Still does even thinking about it!!
Old 04-06-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Tetra - but I know there will be other interviews if this ones turns out like you fear it might. It'll be ok

D
Old 04-06-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I've been waking up with existential angst lately. It stinks. But reading here helps.

Melina, I hope everything goes well. Having just cleared out my system last week, I understand. What a drag.

Tetra, where in the interviews do you think things don't go well? Is there one thing more than others that troubles you? I think it's great that you're getting out there and doing it.

Time to get ready for work. Another day, another dollar. Oh, and Bodhi, that train station entrance was super creepy. It doesn't look like it actually leads anywhere.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
It did feel like that sao- even just last summer when I went it felt like going back in time.
Is there anywhere you haven't been sao?!?!
Yeah, loads of places I've not been to Jen - I have never been to Asia except for Turkey, nor Australasia nor Central or South America and not much of the US really. It is only Europe and Africa that I have travelled in (and lived on mainland Europe for a while) Going to say Holland or Belgium is no different to you guys traveling to another state - it's not very far away

Melina-hopefully treatment for Crohns is improving as time goes on. I am sure you are close to quitting smoking which might help

Tetra, I bet it didn't go as badly as you think it did, good luck for Friday

Well done for ignoring the AV Trees

Ruby, I hope you feel better soon, you are an inspiration
Old 04-06-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I am being jerked around by some of my customers this morning, I would be more eager to please if they paid on time
Old 04-06-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

((Melina)) I can relate

Sao, it's always the ones the don't pay that want the extras and take up all your time! Wonder why that is??

I've piddled around enough this morning, better get to work!
Xo
Old 04-06-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Raining today. And chilly so I dressed comfortably and cozy. I'm feeling better this morning. I just woke up thinking about dying. I hate when that happens. Then I read someone's post on the main board and I got out of my funk because I realized it's alcoholic thinking that's keeping me down.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Sao, it's always the ones who want something for nothing that are the biggest pains. When I worked in retail that was the case.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning everyone.

I did like sinister. Have you guys seen the movie Mama?
Old 04-06-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear what you are going through Melina.

Just try to learn from any mistakes from the interview tetra and put it behind you. You did great facing up to it instead of letting the fear win.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Tetra - are you sure the interview actually went badly? It was probably better than you think it was. And it is great that you did it and didn't just hide away.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Ruby: sorry hear you're still feeling down- does the bad weather have anything to do with it as well? I know it's not because of bad weather, but maybe when summer arrives you might feel a bit better xo

Sao I agree with the others- the worst clients are the worst in every way,and the best are the best.

Tetra: good luck!

Trees xoxo

Della: I was saying to my niece that I almost wished I hadn't watched sinister, because just thinking of it scares me too!

Hello to everyone else!

Off to work now
Old 04-06-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Welp ~

If there's one thing I love, it's watching other People working! A Truck full of Concrete is currently discharging the load through a Fire Hose On Steroids-lookin' flexible 'Pipe' in Part I of 3 Concrete Pours for our Stamped, Tinted Patio. It's all on the South; the perspective usually shown in my Landscape Pix. It'll make for a good Adult Fun Zone in a couple of Weeks when it's all done, and cured. All this had to happen on Wind-free Mornings because the Tint Powder is broadcast by Hand at the last moment, and tamped in. Then, Clear Coated.

Many tnx, H&F, for the tip on Alt Allergy Pills. I'll give that stuff a try. In a part of this Forum I don't have reason to venture into, I read last night about getting hooked on Benadryl. Yowzah! Gomer, here, had no idea. So, I been edumacated. I do a siphoned Sinus Rinse of warm Saline Water run through skinny Rubber Tubing, and it works wonders au naturel. Taught to me Years ago by our Chiro...

MesaMate took a Gal Pal to the local Pot Shop so that this Gal could get some THC-free Patches to moderate pain in an Ankle not doing well after Surgery. In prior Trips, I see a steady flow of Geezers flocking in to buy such Products in this changing Colorado Landscape where ~$1 Billion Dollars of Pot-related Products were sold [and Taxed] last Year alone.

She brought Home some 'Sleep Aid' Tincture for me to try, since it had no 'Active Ingredient' in it. Well, it's 1/2 CBD [THC-free] and 1/2 THC. One is supposed to take a Dropper-full of this Cinnamon_y dark Juice to aid Sleep, which is troubled during Allergy Season. Once I read the Packaging on this Dose-standardized Juice, I passed. Not gonna get on that Rollercoaster ever again, so I skipped her well-intentioned 'Help'. Meanwhile, The Alcohol use around here is either nil, or stealth, so I'm content with this impasse of her daily use of 'uppy' Sativa Strain Pot. Simply not my DOC...
Old 04-06-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I didn't know that people were hooked on benadryl either mesa, It's a big deal? Interesting.
Pot was never my DOC either, I never really liked it.
I hope your allergies feel better! Xoxo
Old 04-06-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

MM, depending on what causes your allergies, taking a spoonful a day of raw, local honey is supposed to help. But that's only if it's flower,or tree pollen that does it. Won't help for mold allergy. Worth a try, anyway.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Kewl Honey idea!

I'll check with the Handyman Pal who set Hives here on a corner of our Mesa. Whatever he can provide me should be as good/fresh as it gets!

Tnx Jen & Marty...
Old 04-06-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Yikes mesa! I just took a brief look at benadryl addiction.
I'm glad I didn't know about the stuff when I had chronic insomnia- I'd probably be in a worse spot than I already am.
I agree with you that an alternative might be a smart move.