Notices

Thought I had it beaten

Old 04-04-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Not really. It's not keeping you sober. Might not save your job.

Hope you stick around. Sober Recovery can help you put a recovery plan in place and help you work it to your goal of sobriety.
My doctor has proscribed me beta blockers for the anxiety and will be putting my name forward for a group called Horizons but said they probably won't be able to help. She wasn't very encouraging or didn't seem to be able to give me any support. In fact she was most dismissive and just basically told me to "stop drinking, you idiot".
Most unhelpful.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You sound very much like me a chronic binge drinker and i've lost many friends relationships even jobs as a result of it.I can go for months keeping it under control few beers with a meal, the odd night out then boom i'm on it for 4-5 days.I've just come back from a family celebration for a week in a lovely location in Windermere & instead of hiking/mtb which i enjoy spent the time getting right royaly smashed.I've probably pissed a few family members off to boot, when will i learn.Listen read a few of my posts & realise your not alone & keep putting on here how your feeling it really does help with all the ****** head fog.

Your at your lowest right now but trust me things will pick up day by day, just use this as a learning curve & say to yourself things are defo defo going change this time.Good luck!
Old 04-04-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigfle View Post
You sound very much like me a chronic binge drinker and i've lost many friends relationships even jobs as a result of it.I can go for months keeping it under control few beers with a meal, the odd night out then boom i'm on it for 4-5 days.I've just come back from a family celebration for a week in a lovely location in Windermere & instead of hiking/mtb which i enjoy spent the time getting right royaly smashed.I've probably pissed a few family members off to boot, when will i learn.Listen read a few of my posts & realise your not alone & keep putting on here how your feeling it really does help with all the ****** head fog.

Your at your lowest right now but trust me things will pick up day by day, just use this as a learning curve & say to yourself things are defo defo going change this time.Good luck!
Cheers!
Yeah that sounds like me and my snowboarding holidays...
I'm determined to beat it this time, I've got lots of positives to concentrate on and it's Spring! Will be getting out in to the countryside as much as possible.

I'll have a look through your posts now, thanks.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thought i had it beaten too

the monkey had something in store for me. I went to NA and sobered up. Then this new word came into my lexicon and it was "reservation". My reservation was alcohol. Alcohol was not a drug. I signed up here in 2009 and it's 2016. I spent 9 months in rehab my whole life changed and I don't regret anything but I am scared of words like reservation. I talked the talk of the program for a long time. I know that the program has to transalate into benefits in my daily life otherwise it's hogwash. So I will just try to practice my program.