Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Terrible relapse... And I need your sincere help and advises since I am in a panicky mood!

Notices

Terrible relapse... And I need your sincere help and advises since I am in a panicky mood!

Old 04-03-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let me make a brief summary. I was sober for 2 years. I relapsed and drank for 3 months (December 15-March 15) with bad outcomes. I quit back again on March 16. It lasted until April 2 (Saturday). With the worst black out plus suicide attempt plus DUI. I took 9 pills however spit it out. But what if I did swallow them. I was in bed whole day yesterday (Sunday) Right now I am at the airport going away for 5 days which I was looking forward when I was sober. But right now I feel so shaky so ******. Still hangover (even though 24 hrs passed) That pill taking happened yesterday morning. Please help me go through this. I feel anxious. I just saw at the airport that my car was crashed a little bit. That made me feel even worse. Now I feel that something bad will happen. But still I didn't cancel this trip. But I feel so panicky. Please help me get over with this ****** feeling. Need your help
Old 04-03-2016, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mia ~ hi love. I'm glad you're here, that sounds like a very scary time you've had.

I know you decided to still go on this trip, are you sure that's what you want to do?
It might be a good idea if you can see a doctor, even if you see one wherever it is you're going.

Right now, try and take some deep breaths, and have some water if you can.

You are not alone; we are all with you.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Mia ~ hi love. I'm glad you're here, that sounds like a very scary time you've had.

I know you decided to still go on this trip, are you sure that's what you want to do?
It might be a good idea if you can see a doctor, even if you see one wherever it is you're going.
I am Thinking this trip will do me good. I am in touch with my doctor. I feel weird and panicked
Right now, try and take some deep breaths, and have some water if you can.

You are not alone; we are all with you.
Dear Venuscat tHank you. I am Thinking this trip will do me good. Going away will be Fine. I am in touch with my doctor. But right now İ feel weird. Panicky and shake. I wish to get over. And İ also feel bad for what İ did that Night. DUI and that stupid pill event. I Just cant stop Thinking about what I did !!!
Old 04-03-2016, 10:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have a doctor on board.
Have you told him/her about this?
It really would be a good idea to make sure you are OK after yesterday.

That was a lot to do to your system, and I imagine it will take a little while to detox from that, so that may be part of why you are feeling shaky.

If you can, try to take deep breaths and drink water....

I know you feel bad right now, and I know from experience what it feels like to see a damaged car and know 'I did this, but I don't remember...'
For me, that feeling meant that I never did it again.

Sending you love. ♥
Old 04-03-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I'm glad you have a doctor on board.
Have you told him/her about this?
It really would be a good idea to make sure you are OK after yesterday.

That was a lot to do to your system, and I imagine it will take a little while to detox from that, so that may be part of why you are feeling shaky.

If you can, try to take deep breaths and drink water....

I know you feel bad right now, and I know from experience what it feels like to see a damaged car and know 'I did this, but I don't remember...'
For me, that feeling meant that I never did it again.

Sending you love. ♥
Actually The doctor is not on board. Why do u think I need a doctor? I keep in touch when necessary. It will pass right? Thank you so much for being here
Old 04-03-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry, bad choice of words....I just meant that it might be a good idea to see a doctor to make sure you are alright after the pills love.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Mia,

I had a similar event with pills too. I got really drunk and just started eating them when prior to getting drunk I had no suicidality. It was so stupid and so very scary. The doctors at the hospital said that I should not have been breathing. It was accidental and caused by becoming hopelessly drunk.

These nervous panicky jitters will pass and hope your holiday does you well, thing is to stop drinking and rejoice in the fact that the pill incident need never return.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Hi Mia,

I had a similar event with pills too. I got really drunk and just started eating them when prior to getting drunk I had no suicidality. It was so stupid and so very scary. The doctors at the hospital said that I should not have been breathing. It was accidental and caused by becoming hopelessly drunk.

These nervous panicky jitters will pass and hope your holiday does you well, thing is to stop drinking and rejoice in the fact that the pill incident need never return.
This Was a great lesson for me. Will never ever drink again. My Flight iş taking Off
Old 04-03-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll check in over your trip Mia.

D
Old 04-03-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope the flight went well and that you'll check in with us when you land, Mia. You are not alone in this.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear of your relapse, Mia. When you joined the March class and then disappeared, I thought about you. That's often a sign that things aren't going well.

Consider rejoining the March class, we'd love to have you back, or the April class if you prefer, and then stay close. Post every day and more when you need to.

Your airport panic sounds familiar. I remember staring at a plate of airport food I couldn't eat, nearly unable to sign my name for it because of the shakes. Never again, huh? You can do this, Mia.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OMG Mia I know exactly where you are right now, when I drank and took pills my anxiety would sky rocket through the roof and I felt like I was plugged into an electric socket! I don't even know how you're managing to get on a plane..... I spent the whole of last year exactly where you are now and my heart goes out to you. Thank you for reminding me of what it was like as I had been thinking of ordering more pills.
It will pass Mia, Ive been off the pills for over a month now and my anxiety is nowhere near as bad.
Sending you hugs from a fellow sufferer.
Elle
Old 04-04-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dear all,
So lucky to feel I am not alone and we had same experiences so you can all understand me. I came to a heaven like place. Ate some. Drank Coffee. And now cherishing the situation. Shakiness and jittery feelings are going away so is my anxiety. I will join the class immediately. I still Cant believe how all this started just with a single glass of wine I will never ever drink again no matter what!!!
Old 04-04-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh good Mia I am so pleased you are feeling better now. Yes it's always the first drink that does the damage!!!
Big hugs.
Elle
Old 04-04-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Mia,

Me too. Was sober for over 2 years and then relapsed for 2 weeks. Then sober for a week and drank again. My relapse wasn't any sort of slow progressing, trying to moderate first exercise but horrible binges from start, very quickly progressing into drinking quantities of alcohol that I had rarely drunk even towards the end of many years of active alcoholism. Like you, I also had thoughts of suicide but did not act on it. I imagine that I could have killed myself "simply" with drinking though, maybe sooner rather than later. I decided to stop it and am now trying to build a recovery regimen again.

The anxiety and panic you are describing sounds familiar. I did my relapse in the middle of one of the most stressful work periods that I can anticipate for this year and it's very challenging to find ways to relax now. My suggestion to you though is that if you feel in acute danger on your trip, find a doctor, ER, or anything that could help immediately. Are you traveling alone or in company? If you are with someone else you trust, talk to them about your feelings. Check in here often. I really sympathize with you but let's stick with the idea that if we don't drink, things will improve a bit every day
Old 04-04-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elle126 View Post
Oh good Mia I am so pleased you are feeling better now. Yes it's always the first drink that does the damage!!!
Big hugs.
Elle
Thank you Elle. I really feel much better
Hugs
Old 04-04-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post
Hi Mia,

Me too. Was sober for over 2 years and then relapsed for 2 weeks. Then sober for a week and drank again. My relapse wasn't any sort of slow progressing, trying to moderate first exercise but horrible binges from start, very quickly progressing into drinking quantities of alcohol that I had rarely drunk even towards the end of many years of active alcoholism. Like you, I also had thoughts of suicide but did not act on it. I imagine that I could have killed myself "simply" with drinking though, maybe sooner rather than later. I decided to stop it and am now trying to build a recovery regimen again.

The anxiety and panic you are describing sounds familiar. I did my relapse in the middle of one of the most stressful work periods that I can anticipate for this year and it's very challenging to find ways to relax now. My suggestion to you though is that if you feel in acute danger on your trip, find a doctor, ER, or anything that could help immediately. Are you traveling alone or in company? If you are with someone else you trust, talk to them about your feelings. Check in here often. I really sympathize with you but let's stick with the idea that if we don't drink, things will improve a bit every day
I feel Better. I keep in touch with my pychologist and psychiatrist over the phone. No danger for the time being. You have described so well. Same with me. During the relapse I found myself binge more than I ever did. And horrible black outs accompanying as well...
Old 04-04-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hope you check in while on your trip Mia, take care of yourself. You never have to go through this again, right?
Old 04-04-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hope you check in while on your trip Mia, take care of yourself. You never have to go through this again, right?
I hope not. Right now I am feeling a little bit down. Regretting the relapse and what I went through. I think some more time has to pass for me to become normal. I feel really moody...
Old 04-04-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Maybe take these 5 days and clean out your body and mind, return fresh and with a new attitude. Alcohol "jail" is no way to live one's life.