Notices

Still dealing with the consequences of drinking

Old 03-31-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still dealing with the consequences of drinking

So today is 45 days sober and still chugging along ( no pun intended). Some very good things have taken place since I quit drinking. I was offered a permanent position for a second job just after 3 weeks of being a contractor. Wife and I have been getting along a lot better. I feel great and refreshed each morning I wake up. I'm still sticking with AA and my sponsor working everything.

I had court today for the felony I picked up on my last bender and a warrant was issued for my arrest, so I went to court today to take care of it. The judge was surprisingly relaxed. I didnt have to go to jail or get finger printed. I was just given a court date and the warrant dropped. I'm sure if you recognize my name you know about the 3 DUIs I picked up in a matter of a year and a half. All my DUI cases are dealt with. So my lawyer goes to court for me on my behalf for a status check yesterday and low and behold I get a call from his office that I have court on May 12th now. Why well because I got in trouble since the first case. What does that mean. Possible 60 days in jail since it was a suspended sentence. Just when things are going good and things seem to be falling in place my category 5 hurricane of the life I used to live is still causing damage. I was told it takes about 1 to 2 years to clean up the mess because if drinking. I can see that. Every time stuff like this happens I just start thinking about the serenity prayer. Ive been lucky in every sense of the word legally so far. I cant go to jail as my family needs me. I support my 2 kids and wife while shes in school. Shes almost done and I can't wait I'll be so happy for her. My lawyer has been right about everything he said would happen in all of my cases. Every single thing. He told me this morning when I asked him about going to court in May he said don't worry about it I'll keep you out of jail and get a deal done for you. Why should I doubt him? Just sucks because I know this is out of my control.

I guess my saving grace is that I can't get into trouble again if I don't drink. I can't get a DUI, I've never gotten a felony or any other misdemeanor except for being under the influence. I enjoy being sober.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope one day soon you can look back ansd see all of this stuff is in the rear view mirror getitright

congrats on 45 days

D
Old 03-31-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are moving through this. If you end up with jail time they will probably let you do work release. It's not pleasant but it goes by fast.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post. It sounds to me you're working a great program. Like yourself, all my troubles were of my own making. Bad decisions were the direct result of wanting to get high or drink. I never really cared about the ramifications that would follow simply because I thought I could get away with it. Now I'm dealing with the wreckage but I'm sober and life is getting better. If you stay on your path life will get better for you too! Peace...out
Old 03-31-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It sounds like you're finally 'getting it right', getright15!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yea I think the same thing actually. I just want to get through all of this and have a normal life. I've wasted so much time, money and energy drinking my life away., and for what? I have nothing but bulls&it to show for it all.

Thanks for the words of motivation Dee. You've always been an inspiration.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope one day soon you can look back ansd see all of this stuff is in the rear view mirror getitright

congrats on 45 days

D
Old 03-31-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

The further you get from your last drink , the less consequences there are to deal with .

Dealing with the consequences of living a sober and moderate life are far less problematic , it's great to have fun nowadays without things spinning out of control .

you'll get there, keep on.

m
Old 04-01-2016, 01:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great work on your sobriety GetRight