Notices

my body has changed!

Old 03-30-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my body has changed!

I been sober for a couple months now but strange things are happening to my body,im still 200pounds but my stomach seems flatter then before my hips are bigger my waist looks smaller,Ihave high cheek bones that i have not seen in years,myface looks different ,the only bad thing is I have severe acne............? Other then that everything is fine,have anyone else experience their body changing,or looking different appearance wise?
Old 03-30-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm starting to lose weight and my face looks much better it's normal colour rather than red. A couple of months is great- keep strong bud
Old 03-30-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My weight didn't change much, but people did tell me I looked younger/happier.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have only lost four or five pounds, but I was pretty close to my goal weight anyway. I have noticed much less bloat around my midsection.

The biggest change is in my skin...I keep thinking I forgot to take my makeup off, because my skintone is so much more even, my pores are smaller, my dark circles are gone, and I'm pink instead of sallow. And my eyes are so much brighter!

It's like I'm getting spa treatments in my sleep...hooray!
Old 03-30-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

The acne could be a result of your body detoxifying after giving up alcohol. I know that has happened to me every time I have gotten sober. Drinking lots of water and green tea helps to speed up the flushing out process so that less goes back in to your body.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not quite 4 weeks in. I haven't lost the belly, but I have acne all over my body like I've never had before! It's awful! I hope it goes away soon.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, see, I forgot that part. The first six weeks it was acne city for me, and I'm way past that age. But then it did clear up and now at 90 days my skin looks really healthy. So hang on...
Old 03-30-2016, 10:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on them couple of months
Old 03-30-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sobriety26 well done on your sober time. I have lost about 3kg in the 120 odd days sober but am still eating like a horse. My face has cheekbones too!! And yes stomach also flatter. My niece suffers from acne and when she started to eat meat again (long term vegetarian) her acne improved heaps! Good Luck with everything x
Old 03-30-2016, 10:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My skin got really bad for a while after I got sober.
I think it was all of the toxins leaving my body. It will get better.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Better skin, flatter stomach too xo
Old 03-30-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

To think someome would ever drink another drop of something that toxifies the body.

That is addiction.

Hmmmm...let me poison my body so I can have a little brain damage.

That.s a commercial we will never see.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I actually did begin to get acne. Scalp, back, shoulders, face. Maybe it is my body adjusting to living normal after filling it with drugs and alcohol for over 5 years. Today over 2 and 1/2 years later it is less severe. Never had this problem throughout my addiction, but whatever. You could go and see a dermatologist. Best of luck. Keep it up!
Old 03-31-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I felt like I looked very different after several months of sobriety as well, especially in the face with reduced puffiness and less redness.
I also weigh about 10% less than when I was drinking, but was pretty small to start with though.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yesterday I applied fractionated coconut oil and tea tree oil on my skin (not on my face, thankfully that has not broken out), and it is remarkedly better today! Now if I can only ditch the candy and crap I'm eating.....

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one whose skin went through this.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Sadly I never lost any weight like some people do when they quit. I did have many other good things happen like my skin cleared up and my blood pressure went down.

My anxiety is non existent now and that is the biggest plus.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I look better as well. Healthier. I didn't get acne for a long time, but on day 2 and 3 I had some of it on my back, along with an itchy rash.

Sometimes I like to look at a photo of me from when I was still drinking. Quite the difference...
Old 03-31-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My face is much closer clearer, no more glassy eyes and puffy face going on. I have also lost 21 pounds, but started weight watchers in conjunction with giving up alcohol.

Seeing the benefits in addition to feeling them is an added bonus!!
Old 03-31-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm at Day 78. I had a bout of acne - I think around one month. And I've lost about 13 pounds without much lifestyle difference other than dropping beer (and stomach seems a bit flatter proportionally than is typical for dropping from where I was to where I am). I was expecting to be working out more by now but I'm still dealing with some fatigue issues that are making it hard to ramp up (I had the same thing when I quit smoking last summer and it took about 4 months to have my energy return to full strength and sleep needs to return to normal). Under eye area looks much better as does skin and face in general - less puffy.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I lost about 10-12 lbs but my sweet tooth is trying to change all that...dang it! Clearer eyes and less bloat for sure, esp in my face. But yeah, the acne thing sucks. I'm almost 6 months sober and still get the pop-up pimples every so often. And I'm in my 50s. Go figure.