Notices

Feeling poop

Old 03-30-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 03-30-2016, 11:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if there's a short cut to dealing with the shame. There are a few incidents in my drinking life that filled me with such shame that it actually felt like grief; it was so strong it made me feel physically ill. The mind will often try rationalization as a defense mechanism, basically making excuses.

But acceptance is something else. Acceptance is owning up to what you've done, acknowledging it and making a plan to do better.

Ultimately it just takes time, BB. Things will get better.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's kind of the cruel thing about an alcohol addiction. It really hits hard when you are at your most vulnerable state: early sobriety.

Hang on and don't beat yourself up.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Aww thank you, your kind words mean so much. I slept well last night, and feeling tons better this morning. Don't feel half as bad as I did last night. Ive been thinking, my drug and alcohol counselling sessions are due to come to an end soon, but I have the opportunity to extend them after a little break. I really think I will take that option, the support and understanding of my counsellor is helping loads. I'll see what he says when I see him next.

I dunno, I have learnt that recovery cant be rushed thats for sure. I am trying so so hard to take one day at a time, acknowledge my feelings and work through them as they come. It is hard. But just to have someone say to me, well done and acknowledge my progress is amazing, it keeps me going.

So here we are day 135 Im going to do something nice for myself today, Its pay day after all ha ha. We are decorating at home (we've been able to since we have some extra pennies in the account since I quit!) and I think my treat myself to something for the home. Actually, decorating is quite good for me really, I am actually seeing some physical changes Ive been able to make in recovery, if that make sense!
Old 03-31-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad ya came on here to post blueb's. We are here for ya. You are not alone.