Notices

To those who are wanting to quit drinking...

Old 03-29-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To those who are wanting to quit drinking...

Good evening all,
I'm not quite six months sober so I am not speaking from any knowledge base other than what these first six months have afforded me.
I'm continually moved by initial posts by folks sick and tired of their lives. Some stay here and others disappear but it seems that for each, in the moment of posting, there is a realization that the drinking days need to end.
It recalls so many days/years of my life where I had the same anguished desire to live differently.
I somehow always equated the sober folks here the same way I view an accomplished guitarist as I struggle to find the right chords to play a simple song or... like ultra-marathoners gliding along as I struggled to run a 1/4 mile..... in other words, the sober folks seemed to be on some distant planet that wasn't attainable to me. They seemed to be products of many years of practice in other words. There was an invisible line that separated us.
It was a beautiful surprise to realize almost from the moment that I quit drinking for good that I had crossed the line. I was one of the sober people, I had joined the club and the benefits were immediate and have become ongoing. Yes, to realize a more fulfilling life I need time under my belt and I have enormous personal work ahead of me but..... all that separated me from misery and a bleak future was one stark decision....the decision to never drink again. The rest is just work.
I hope this makes sense. It comes from my heart because I wish this joy and hope that I have found on each of you struggling souls and I hope you get there sooner than I did. It's one decision folks.
My best,
Jonathan
Old 03-29-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post xoxo
Well done!
Old 03-29-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful and inspiring post, Jonathan. I am so happy for you, congratulations on your sober time. What a fantastic start to the rest of your life!
Old 03-29-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I needed to hear this. Thank you!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post
Old 03-29-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you, that makes great reading, and congrats on your sober time.