Notices

the battle is lost but the war rages on

Old 03-29-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the battle is lost but the war rages on

I failed today guys but please read this. I felt so unbelievably high without a drink tonight. you may have some idea I don't know if its normal but I felt like I was back to smoking the funny stuff but I haven't had any it started in the pit of the stomach and rose to my head, I got really scared and my instant reaction, kind of like my sub conscious took over and I was out of control for a second. Are these common or at least not unheard of ? very concerning
Old 03-29-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Ianidus View Post
I got really scared and my instant reaction, kind of like my sub conscious took over and I was out of control for a second. Are these common or at least not unheard of ?
Are you saying you drank? I don't believe your sub conscious took control. If you drank, it was your choice.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi all I know what that is.. when you have done whatever for so long.. over the years it builds up in your fat cells in your blood.. no kidding.. ask the Mom and Wife of problems.. and when you stop start to lose weight or are normally active.. well kids the brain grabs on to some of that stored goody and says whoopee.... yep... my son had that happen several times and in the morning hung over big time.. my Hubby... its a once aweek affair.. yep.. oh by the way.. Ed has had problems with his heart from the stress of his Pop passing.. yep he's in hospital and they have shot him up with so much.. in ER early Monday morning they came in with 2 mgs of morphine.. I went into tears... locked myself in the bathroom for a bit.. he will be there for 2 days as they try to get his heart into beat correctly once again.. with morphine.. so why do you feel this.. kiddo you have done so much to your brain and body.. its paying you back for not feeding it. sorry all.. but the truth... prayers ardy
Old 03-29-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

no it was my own choice but I felt so strongly compelled is it possible to be so adamant that you want to stop drinking all day but then think to Heck with it in a split second. And yes I bought weak one.
And btw In 20 words you just taught me a very valuable lesson. ITS ME nothing else is to blame I need to take responsibility for my own actions.

doggonecarl, I have no greater respect, than that I hold for one with wisdom and patience. Thank you to you all. If you feel I need tough love I can take it and I will be sorry.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

In order to stay sober, you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hmmmm. Not enough info. What do you mean by "out of control"? Like an out of body experience, hearing voices, seeing things?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not exactly sure what you mean either.

But, I'm glad you came here and posted, looking for support.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

that my Dear Friend is such a huge Gold Star Award.. hugs hugs hugs...

no it was my own choice but I felt so strongly compelled is it possible to be so adamant that you want to stop drinking all day but then think to Heck with it in a split second. And yes I bought weak one.
And btw In 20 words you just taught me a very valuable lesson. ITS ME nothing else is to blame I need to take responsibility for my own actions.

doggonecarl, I have no greater respect, than that I hold for one with wisdom and patience. Thank you to you all. If you feel I need tough love I can take it and I will be sorry.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you got a plan or are you following a recovery programme I know I needed outside help in the form of AA, group therapy, Cbt therapy & SR

When you finally accept that you know what will happen if you drink you will find your acceptance meaning 'I'm not going down that road been there thrown up' and then when you start taking stock & a step bk you will do your sobriety & your personal life a justice like no other I know this to be true & fact from my own experience

It's not a case of you can do it

It's finding out that you can do it

I call that a small miracle glad your with us

Last edited by Soberwolf; 03-29-2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-29-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

it started in the pit of the stomach and rose to my head, I got really scared
Feelings of anxiety are a common symptom of alcohol withdrawal. Reacting to these feelings by drinking causes an endless cycle.

To break that cycle, I needed help. I spent a week in detox, then forced myself to go to ninety AA meetings in ninety days. I read and post here often. It works!
Old 03-29-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's normal to feel a range of things Ian - and not uncommon to interpret those things as feelings we're familiar with...early on I had such incredible anxiety it left me a little disorientated and spaced out for example.

I'm assuming you're talking about something similar?

You already know this but the answer's not drinking, or drugging - that only makes the problem worse in the long run.

Posting here and letting others talk you down is a great tool that you can use anytime

D
Old 03-29-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sounds like an anxiety attack? I have them always by day two or whenever going through withdrawl, its a terrible feeling but if you ride it out they go away. You have to ride them out or they just come back every time. Feels like a drink will help, but it only makes it worse. Don't give in
Old 03-30-2016, 01:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thank you everyone and I woke up this morning feeling a bit down and then I came on here and I cant help be feeling happy to see so many kind people giving their best to help me and other people. Why in your replys in this thread alone have helped me understand and I cant help but feel they are significant to us all.