Notices

Day Two (Sort of)

Old 03-25-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Two (Sort of)

Well today should have been day two but I caved last night and drank a little....I say a little like it really makes a difference.....I drank.....

I fell asleep early and woke up around midnight unable to get back to sleep.....night sweats, nightmares etc....and now here it is 6am and I am beginning again.....I have been reading posts here for about an hour just trying to find something that connects all the dots for me....

I have also dumped all of the alcohol from the house out and today is a holiday here so I will not be able to buy any more....so that's one day figured out....now just to figure out the rest of my life....

I go back to work in three days (I am on 10 days of holidays) so I really need to get a few days of sobriety under my belt before that happens as I recognize that the stress from my job is often a trigger (or excuse) for me to drink....

I have also reached out to my therapist (and left a message) so hopefully I will hear back from him to set up an appointment ( haven't seen him in a few months now)....

Anyways I feel like I a making some progress.....and posting here where I can be completely honest is so much more helpful than I ever could have imagined....sorry that it's all so disjointed.....
Old 03-25-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're honest, Sam, in the long run it is the best thing to do. You drank yesterday. That day is over, it'll never come back. Can you make today a sober day? That's all you have to do. Today is the only day that exists. Tomorrow isn't here yet, and when it comes, it will be today again. Sober today. That's all.

We're here for you.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

S14,

Real quick, I have to get up to work.

You are addicted to alcohol. Like a crack head, except it is booze.

The main anxiety you feel is not work related. It is booze related.

It will take a couple of weeks to a month to fully dry out, then the anxiety will ramp up.

You have to change your life style to not drink.

I hit the gym, clean the house, and do projects etc. Otherwise, you will be miserable.

You are an addict, respect that. Fight for your life.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hio Sam

I was glad to see you joined the March group - you'll find a lot of support there...and good for you for using Good Friday as a starting point...I did that too and 9 years later I'm still reaping the benefits of that decision

D
Old 03-25-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

^^^^^^^^