Notices

Help!!!

Old 03-23-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh Kiki, I could have written your post myself! I completely understand and feel the same way!

I hate alcohol. Yet I want it. I too had several years of sobriety and lost it two years ago. I can't figure out why I can't seem to stay sober this time around. I too went to AA last time and haven't been going this time, mostly out of shame.

I also considered rehab recently. I've been before, 6 years ago and it helped a lot. Also, I had basic insurance which didn't cover much, but I was able to get help from the state through some program (can't remember, a social worker at the hospital helped me when I went to detox.) Anyway, it only ended up costing me $250. Maybe you can ask around? Or ask your dr or counselor?

You CAN do this Kiki. It gets easier. I find that after a few sober says, I feel a lot better and more confident in my sobriety. I know feeling good can lead to relapse too though, so I'm learning to make better choices, like staying home if I don't trust myself to not stop at the store.

I'm rooting for you! Join us in sobriety. It really is so worth it, and you know this. Big hugs. Hope you feel better. Tomorrow is a new day
Old 03-23-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just read through all of the replies to my post & I just want to say I was in tears (good tears) as I read them.

You guys have got to be some of the kindest, most supportive, loving, non-judgmental people on the face of the earth. I love alcoholics. I think we are very special people. We have all been through so much.

My plan going forward;
1. Go back to AA! It worked when I had many years of sobriety, it will work again (if I work it!)
2. I already have a sponsor & we will start the 12 steps again next week. I went through them years ago & boy did they help!
3. I spent about an hour tonight writing down what happens when I drink in detail starting when I buy it all the way through to the hangover, shame, depression, anxiety the next day. I want to read that each time I have a craving so helpfully it will help me change my mind!
4. Pray pray pray! I'm Christian.
5. Make sobriety #1
6. Watch HALT (hungry angry lonely tired)! Huge triggers!
7. Eat regularly! I forget to eat which causes cravings. :-(
8. Exercise
9. Of course, check in, post & read SR!
10. Try to forgive myself. The shame keeps pulling me down. Try to be kind & gentle with myself.
11. Re-read all your posts again tomorrow! :-)

I can never thank you guys enough.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

http://youtu.be/N9Ql8BsWW9Q
Old 03-24-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sounds great KiKi, you got this.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope our support, and the support at AA, can help you want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

Rooting for you Kiki x
Old 03-24-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Great plan, Kiki!