Notices

Day 3

Old 03-21-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hi, I'm new here. Am on day 3 and really struggling. As much as I know how ill alcohol is making me I still want to have a glass of wine in the evening. I know I can't stop at one or two, I can hardly stop at one bottle. Have been suffering upper left stomach pain and diarreah all the time, which has settled down after 3 days of not drinking. Anxiety is high at all times before drinking and afterwards due to not remembering half of what I say and I never know how the night is going to end up and I never stick to my set limits. One question , is my email address private on this forum?
Thanks
Awe
Old 03-21-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, Atwitsend123, and congrats on day 3. We can all identify with your story here. Good news is you'll never have to go through those awful first days again as long as you don't take that first drink. This really is a better way of life and it improves all the time in these early days.

I hope you'll join us in the Class of March 2016 thread on this same forum. I've found it's extremely important to get and give support from/to others who are also newly sober.

I'll leave the email question to the moderators, but as far as I can see, it's all private. I've been a member here for almost 3 years and have never received a single email.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good. I love my sober life and you couldn't pay me enough to make me drink again.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your replies. Am wondering if I'm past the safe period for detox. I have been drinking a 1 bottle plus 1/2 bottle of wine in the evenings every night, sometimes 2 bottles if I'm out partying . I am 6 hours away from 72 hours sober. Can I expect any tremors etc, it's making me nervous. At the moment I just have a dull pain under my left rib after I eat and when I wake up in the morning and some night sweats and anxiety due to worrying about seizures etc. and a dull headache , very sleepy . I will look at the March 2016 class as I definitely need some support.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I don't think there's any set answer to that question, Atwitsend123. Everyone's detox is different. I'm on day 9 and still have a slight tremor in my hands, but I've also been sick with some kind of bug this weekend so the tremor may have nothing to do with my detoxing.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! Day 3 is fantastic!!
Old 03-21-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi atwitsend
yes, your email address is private.

If you're concerned about withdrawal the safest bet is to get checked out by a Dr, I think

D
Old 03-22-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome
Old 03-25-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, I'm back on day 2 �� And Friday night at that. I feel like I'm on a carousel going round and round jumping on and off. It's a never ending nightmare
Old 03-25-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I completely understand. Wine is also my devil
Old 03-25-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I had a few very close friends that I had to cut ties with. Their names were grigio, kokanee and shmirnoff.
When you are ready to make a firm choice you cane make it work. Do you have or have heard of doing a recovery plan?

That and staying close to SR has really been what made sobriety stick for me this time. If I can do it, so can you

Have you talked to your doctor yet?
Old 03-25-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you need a better plan atwitsend?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 03-28-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me. Thanks for your replies. Am feeling a lot better except for intense itching! My biggest hurdle is learning to go out and socialize without alcohol. I can't stay at home and hibernate forever
Old 03-28-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Atwitsend123 View Post
My biggest hurdle is learning to go out and socialize without alcohol. I can't stay at home and hibernate forever .
No, you can't stay home forever. But you're five days sober and already antsy to get out and do stuff. I would strongly suggest you stay away from any reminders of your drinking life, stay away from activities in which alcohol in the main focus, pretty much stay away from alcohol until you get a solid footing of sobriety under you.

Find sober activities. If you can't and if that means staying home, so be it. Stay home and work on your recovery.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm back on day1. Hungover, itching all over and scared. I read that itching is a sign of liver disease. Don't seem to get past a week . Need help
Old 03-31-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job making it back having a plan makes all the difference as close reaching out every time lean on us use the support

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 03-31-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Therapy, counseling, AA, etc... There is help out there if you want it. And trust me this is coming from a guy who has gotten on and off the carousel a million times. Your original title of this post was Day 3. That was the day that always broke me. Day 1 would be anxiety and remorse through the roof. Day 2 I'd start to come out of the fog and then invariably something on that 3rd day made me think I could go back to it. That usually resulted in a bender of god knows how long. Look for help or stay here at least and post and READ! I read on this site probably for 2 whole years before I decided to join. I'm glad I did. There are a lot good people and good support here but if you need more try and seek it out. Again this is coming from a guy who knows how hard that can be to do. Good luck to you.

TF