Notices

Fabela's Fabulous Fantastic Freeway to Freedom!

Old 04-15-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waywardson8260 View Post
Congratulations on one month sober Fabela!
Thanks, Waywardson!
Old 04-15-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 522 (permalink)  

I'm probably sharing way too much here, but what the heck. I'm toying with the thought of drinking - often. It doesn't feel like cravings, it's more like musings. I have no plans to drink what so ever, I just think about it. Maybe because it's Friday? I hope it helps to write about it.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 523 (permalink)  

It's only been a month...you are still retraining your brain.

When you have a "musing," maybe try to either follow it all the way to the crashing hangover and distraught family the next day, fight it to a standstill "Just one??? Since WHEN?", or dismiss it haughtily, "Oh, do stop yapping," and then find a way to distract yourself?

You're doing a great job!
Old 04-15-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 524 (permalink)  

I played both scenarios in my head, and then I thought I could focus on something entirely different. Why not try teaching Charlie a new trick? Well, I got some treats, and it took exactly five tries to teach him to jump. He's a star.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 525 (permalink)  

EXCELLENT distraction! He is a smart boy...I can't wait until my Golden's brains arrive...
Old 04-15-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 526 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

You go on with your Fabulous self!
Turning the musing in a different direction is exactly the right thing to do.

I hope you rewarded yourself after rewarding Charlie.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 527 (permalink)  

I didn't need rewarding, Ob. Just watching him do what I wanted him to do was reward enough. As the days go by, I see more and more of his good sides, and I can't believe how lucky we were to get him. The previous owner admitted that there were five other people who wanted to adopt him, but she chose us. That is actually quite powerful.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 528 (permalink)  

I'm setting myself up for failure by staying here. The counting of days, the constant cheering and endless support, the accountability, getting stronger and stronger... My AV doesn't like this at all. My AV wants me to get rid of the dog, quit the job and ditch the loving husband and kids. The cats can stay, they don't bother me. They can watch me drink. Maybe I'll try a three day bender. I've never had one before. Not a two-day either. I can try getting arrested, that's something to tell the grandkids. Finally getting mentioned on Twitter.

*end of AV-rant*

I'm watching Everybody Loves Raymond with DD2 and Charlie, drinking Pepsi Max. That's about the most exiting thing I'll be doing tonite.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 529 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good kid and good dog by your side doesn't sound like such a bad day to me.

Is Everybody Loves Raymond the original American version or one made for Norway? I watched a good documentary a couple of years ago about one of the producers of the American version going to Russia to help a TV network there make their own Russian version of the show. It was pretty crazy.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 530 (permalink)  

I bought a journal today because rather than a block i want something that I can pick up and browse. I'm going to document daily gratitude in it. I think it will be cathartic. Day 17 here x
Old 04-15-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 531 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Good kid and good dog by your side doesn't sound like such a bad day to me.

Is Everybody Loves Raymond the original American version or one made for Norway? I watched a good documentary a couple of years ago about one of the producers of the American version going to Russia to help a TV network there make their own Russian version of the show. It was pretty crazy.
It's the original American version. You bet! We don't make new versions of things, we go for the real stuff. The only thing we do is put Norwegian voices on animated movies and stupid kid's shows like Good Luck Charlie (!).
Old 04-15-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 532 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Everydaysabonus View Post
I bought a journal today because rather than a block i want something that I can pick up and browse. I'm going to document daily gratitude in it. I think it will be cathartic. Day 17 here x
That's a really good idea. I do that as well, when I remember to do it. Good job on day 17!
Old 04-15-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 533 (permalink)  

Charlie did a strange thing today. We were taking our morning walk and he sniffed around as usual, peeing everywhere like he's supposed to do, and suddenly he lifted his leg as if he were about to pee - and then he pooped - leg up. I've never seen that before!

(Oh no, this is just like when I had my first child. As soon as DH came in the door, we talked about baby's diaper content - the most important theme of the day.)

Anyways, it's time for old ladies to go to sleep. Nite, all!
Old 04-15-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 534 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Maybe the poop surprised him just as much as it did you, Fabela. Perhaps that wasn't his intent when he first lifted his leg.

Sweet dreams!
Old 04-15-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 535 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry guys - I've been out for a couple of days - took a fall.

Hang tight while we swing into Part 2
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...om-pt-2-a.html

D