Notices

Hi Everyone :)

Old 03-19-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone :)

Hi everyone!

My name is Adeline and I am 25 years old. My DOC is heroin, and I have been sober for 7 months which is the longest I have achieved in sober time since I started using drugs at 14 years old.

Before I got sober, everything finally hit a head and I got evicted, had to beg for money, I cut out my entire family, and my fiancé got arrested on trafficking heroin charges. At the time I thought my life was over, and now I realize that in order to have any chance of survival we had to go so low. I hate that he is in jail, but we couldn't get sober together so now we have some time to get strong before he gets out.

I finally went to a doctor and started a suboxone program and got a drug addiction counselor that I see weekly. I also have a psychiatrist because I have finally been diagnosed with bipolar type 2 plus I have depression which I take medicine for.

I am lucky enough that my family supports me and that they haven't disowned me after stealing over 70 grand from my mom and grandparents. I swear, looking back I feel like I was possessed and there isn't a moment of any day that I ever regret leaving drugs behind me.

I have changed my phone number, moved, deleted facebook, and basically fell off the earth so that no one can try to contact me while I get my life restarted and I figured it wouldn't hurt to meet some other individuals going through the same thing as me. Support is never a bad thing, and there is always something to learn.

Just wanted to introduce myself, hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to Sober Recovery Adeline you have found a wonderful community with excellent support from kind wise caring ppl
Old 03-19-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

So glad you found us, AdelineRose, and congrats on 7 months. It sounds like you are definitely doing the right things for your recovery.

I also stole a lot from my family and jobs at the worst of my addiction. I am lucky to have some understanding family members as well. The jobs were a different story. I'm very lucky to not be in prison today for some of the things I did.

Hope you'll make these forums a regular part of your recovery. Keep on keeping on!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both for the welcome! I have been reading around and I can definitely see this site being a large part of my recovery.

It is crazy what we will do when we are desperate. Now that it has been 7 months I look back and just can't understand what I was holding on to so tightly that I would steal and beg and cry for money instead of just seeing that I was always miserable and go and get help. I never want to become that monster again.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Adeline! I'm sorry for all you've been through, but I love your upbeat & positive attitude. I'm glad you joined us - together we are strong.

My DOC is alcohol, but I couldn't agree more about feeling possessed. I've done shameful & out-of-character things while on one of my insane binges. I held on tightly too - I just couldn't imagine letting go. Thankfully, we've reclaimed our lives. Good to meet you - and congrats on your 7 months clean.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 months, I hope you are keeping strong and having a good day.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 months Adeline.

Keep it up! :-)

Your parents sound lovely.

Last edited by tufty13; 03-19-2016 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Schoolboy error
Old 03-19-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AdelineRose View Post
Hi everyone!

My name is Adeline and I am 25 years old. My DOC is heroin, and I have been sober for 7 months which is the longest I have achieved in sober time since I started using drugs at 14 years old.

Before I got sober, everything finally hit a head and I got evicted, had to beg for money, I cut out my entire family, and my fiancé got arrested on trafficking heroin charges. At the time I thought my life was over, and now I realize that in order to have any chance of survival we had to go so low. I hate that he is in jail, but we couldn't get sober together so now we have some time to get strong before he gets out.

I finally went to a doctor and started a suboxone program and got a drug addiction counselor that I see weekly. I also have a psychiatrist because I have finally been diagnosed with bipolar type 2 plus I have depression which I take medicine for.

I am lucky enough that my family supports me and that they haven't disowned me after stealing over 70 grand from my mom and grandparents. I swear, looking back I feel like I was possessed and there isn't a moment of any day that I ever regret leaving drugs behind me.

I have changed my phone number, moved, deleted facebook, and basically fell off the earth so that no one can try to contact me while I get my life restarted and I figured it wouldn't hurt to meet some other individuals going through the same thing as me. Support is never a bad thing, and there is always something to learn.

Just wanted to introduce myself, hope everyone is having a good day!
Woot! Congratulations on your clean time. I know that the drug you mention is one of the hardest to overcome...your winning.....keep it up!
Old 03-19-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Congrats on 7 months clean. You have come to a very supportive place. And SR is always open, there's someone here any time of the day or night.

I am glad you joined us.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I must say, I am already SOOOO happy I chose to join SR. There is such a strong feeling of recovery here and addiction is truly something that is hard to understand unless you have been through it. I'm already super grateful for this site and I just joined!
Old 03-19-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You might also get some good support and feeling of belonging from the "One Year and Under" class here on the Daily Support forums. Lot of great sobriety happening there for folks in their first year of recovery:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-52-a.html
Old 03-19-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and congrats on 7 months Adeline! Your name is beautiful!
Old 03-19-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Adeline.

Your family loves you.
I'm so glad you found your way here.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Adeline!!